ONE.

---*---

---*---

THURSDAY
MAY 06, 1749 , 05:56 pm
;; 18th CENTURY
KIM TAEGUN'S EMPIRE

---*---

" This is my work. " Taehyung bowed politely as he passed his calligraphy to the teacher.

" This is enough, Taehyung. Enough for you to be a great calligrapher. Very well. " the teacher praised as she nodded repeatly, looking to his work. " You can go now. " the teacher bowed back to him and smiled.

" Thank you, teacher. " he bowed again for respect and exited the room.

Outside, he immediately stretched his body, " I could not bare squatting myself for hours to only make a perfect work. " he stated and dusted his clothes.

" Prince Kim! " a formal-looking man walked towards him and bowed. " I'm sorry for interrupting you here but the King told me to get you home immediately. " he said.

Taehyung bowed back, " No, it is alright. I just got out and was told to go by the teacher. Thank you. "

" Shall we go now, Prince Kim? The King is probably waiting for your presence. " the man said.

" Of course, Hyun. " Taehyung agreed.

They immediately arrived home. Hyun delivered Taehyung to the King's room and bowed, " Thank you for bringing me until here, Hyun. " Taehyung bowed and smiled.

" Anything for Prince Kim. " he then closed the sliding door.

Taehyung squatted on the mat that was placed near the table. " I am here, Father. "

The king turned around from looking outside the window. " I didn't hear you entering, my son. " he squatted on the opposite mat as well.

" I heard you needing me? What do we need to talk about, Father? " he asked him formally.

" I just want to tell you something for the future. " his father hinted him. Taehyung frowned, " What do you mean for the future, Father? " he could sense something he really didn't want to do.

The king got the cup of tea on the table and sipped, " I can see, you have the potential on battle. Did you hear about the intruders coming from the other empire? " he asked him.

Taehyung silently gasped, " Father, do you mean, you want me to join the battle against the other empire? "

The king hummed and nodded, " I wanted you to lead the other batch of our soldiers for the battle against them and stop them, since I cannot fight. " the king stated.

Taehyung started to protest. " But Father, I am too young to immediately join the forces. I am still not capable to fight the other empire. It is not that I am weak but, I am not ready to face a battle since I am still training, Father. " Taehyung bowed his head, " What about Brother Taejin and Brother Taejun? Are not they enough to handle the forces for battle? " he asked, frowning.

" I know you're brave enough, Taehyung. I could see it. I know you can handle this for our empire. It does not mean I will put you into harm because I know you won't let yourself. " his father told him.

Taehyung paused for a while, " Probably, I should think about it first Father. "

The king smiled for what his son said, " I will allow you to think about it and I wish you will choose the right choice, my son. " his father bowed.

Taehyung stood up and bowed back, " Thank you, Father. " he went out from the room and proceeded outside.

Taehyung wanted to refresh his mind, but the thought of, it was a very serious battle with the other empire, which was a strong one, bugged him.

He started training two years ago when he was still sixteen, but he could say, it was worthless since he would sneak himself out secretly during training. That thought of his father of him being an expert of battling was wrong; the expectations were wrong. Maybe, he learned the basics but not the complicated techniques.

He was afraid maybe they would lose because of him. He was afraid to die at the young age, yet not being legendary. That would be shameful for the whole empire and would be also part of the history.

He threw a stone to the pond and it jumped for the third time off the water. He sighed, " I need to escape. " he threw another stone and it jumped five times.

" But how, Kim Taehyung? You're one of the royal blood and you should be brave to face battles. " he picked more stones and threw it off to the pond. He stopped when he got a random glowing stone.

" Why is this glowing? " he stared at the stone and decided to throw it anyway.

The time when the stone hit the surface of the water, it plopped but seconds after, " It really looks amazing. I can still see it glowing underwater. " Taehyung smiled but seemingly noticed the glow became brighter and brighter and brighter that he couldn't take it away from his sight. It covered the whole place white.

Taehyung shouted and suddenly felt unconscious.

" What is happening? " he thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an:

so that is the first chapter of this story.

i hope you'll like this story.

#TaeGi ❤

Vote. Comment. Share.

- 1-800-KOOKMIN