Chapter 19

"Stiles, you need to eat." I said sitting at the table with him.

He pushed his breakfast around with his fork. "I don't want to."

"Stiles." I growled.

He rolled his eyes, "You have class." He said stabbing his fork into a piece of french toast.

"I don't care. You need to eat and I'm not going anywhere until you've eaten."

He groaned, "Der, I appreciate it but if you keep this up you're going to fail the semester."

I shrugged, "Then I guess I'm going to fail." I said quietly.

"Derek, you can't do that. You can't fail because of me it's not right!"

"I'd rather fail then watch you destroy yourself, Sti." I sighed. "Please, just try to eat some of it."

He sighed staring down at his plate. He started pushing it around before dropping his fork and shaking his head. "I can't."

"Stiles..."

"Derek, I cant." He said starting to cry.

"Why don't we try something else?" I asked grabbing the plate out from in front of him. "What about toast? Do you think you could handle toast?"

He shrugged. "Maybe." His voice was low and shaky.

----

"Hey, babe." I said when Stiles picked up his phone.
"Hi." There was noise in the background.
"You're in lunch right now, right?" I asked.
"Uh. Yeah. I just got here."
"You okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, I just want to go home."
"What's wrong?"
"Lydia's been on my ass all day about...well..everything." I heard a door shut and the noise die down.
"What's she saying?"
"She's been throwing food at me all day. Like, literally."
I sighed. "I'm sorry, babe. She's just trying to help."
"I know. It's still hard though."
"I'm sorry."
"Its fine. Are you coming back tonight?"
"Yeah, if you want me to."
"I really want you to."
"Then I'll see you tonight."

-----

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked Stiles.

"You're letting me pick? I actually have a choice? Oh god, what in the world am I going to do?" He said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes. "So, did you not want to pick?"

"Can we have salad?" He asked leaning against the counter.

"Salad?"

"Yeah, like..with chicken..and bacon...and loads of cheese. Oh! And that really yummy avocado dressing that you hate but I think is heaven?"

I smiled, "I think we can do that."

He nodded, a small smile on his face.

"Ya know, I'm really proud of you."

"Why?" He laughed.

"Because...you've just come a long way since the dance."

"Well...I have a reason to..." he said softly.

I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his waist. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you, too." He pecked my lips.

------

I heard a rapid series of loud knocks on my dorm room door. I groaned rolling over and climbing out of bed.

"It's like five in the morning what do yo-" I opened the door to see Isaac standing there. "What?"

"I-I didn't have your number...it's...it's Stiles."

"What happened? Is he okay?" I asked pulling my jacket on and grabbing a pair of jeans.

"He's okay. His uh, his dad found out that he's been abusing his adderall. He's in the hospital right now."

"Are you fucking kidding me!? When did this happen? Why am I just now finding out!?"

"Derek, relax, they literally just took him there. His dad said Stiles was talking about being dizzy on several occasions throughout this week and then he passed out during a panic attack earlier so his dad took him to the hospital. I literally came here as soon as I found out from Lydia. She called me as I was walking in here from the car to let me know he's okay."

"Okay, okay. I just uh....we have to go. Now. We're leaving." I said pushing Isaac slightly and shutting my door.

--

"Stiles." I said softly walking into his hospital room. He was sleeping in the bed, hand gripping the blanket tightly. "You're killing me, babe." I sighed pressing a kiss to his forehead.

I stood there watching him for maybe ten minutes before his dad walked in and asked to talk to me.

Lydia walked past me as I made my way into the hall.

"Please, please, tell me he talks to you. I don't know what's going on. Why would he-"

"I-I don't know. I know he's still having a rough time at school but he seemed to be getting better. I don't know why he would do this." I said honestly.

"Hey, Lydia." I heard Stiles croak in the other room as he woke up.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" She yelled.

I looked down the hall.

"I wish his mom was still here. She always knew exactly what to do." I heard the sheriff.

"We'll figure this out. He's going to be okay."

"I sure hope so."

---

"Derek's here? As in...like...here. In the hospital?" I heard Stiles as I stood outside of his door.

"Yes. He's here." Lydia answered.

"No. No no no no. He's gonna kill me." His voice was shaking.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I was supposed to be getting better. I was getting better."

I leaned against the doorframe.

"Sti-" Lydia tried.

"He's going to hate me." His voice hitched.

Lydia's gaze found me as she said "I highly doubt that."

He turned toward me immediately breaking as we made eye contact.

I walked over sitting by him. "Stiles, look at me."

He shook his head continuing to cry into his hands.

"Babe, I'm not mad."

"You're not?" He parted his fingers to look at me through the space in between them.

"No." I sighed pulling his hands away from his face and wiping his tears. "We'll figure this out. Okay? I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. You'll get though whatever this is and I'll be right here with you the entire time."

He bit his lip and nodded. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Stiles."