Chapter 14- Gone

A/N: HEY GUYS, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THIS CHAPTER WONT FOLLOW THE STORYLINE OF THE MOVIE. IT WILL HAVE MAYBE ONE OR TWO SCENES, BUT THIS CHAPTER IS MOSTLY ABOUT THE ORIGINAL PLOT.

Clint's POV (FIRST TIME WEOW!!)

My mind whirls as I try to understand my surroundings. I shake my head and clench my fists, waiting for the world to stop spinning.

"Clint," a voice comes from the distance, "You're going to be okay."

Nat?

I unclench my fists, feeling them restrained.

I can't get him out of my head.

"I gotta, I gotta flush him out." I say, squeezing my eyes shut.

"It's going to take some time." Natasha sits at the end of my bed. To which I'm strapped to.

"Do you know what it's like? To have someone change the way you think? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?" I ask, looking at her.

"You know I do." she says.

"How did you get him out?" I ask, felling relief when everything comes into focus.

"Cognitive recalibration." She says simply,

"I hit you really hard in the head."

"Thanks." I chuckle weakly as she unstraps me. I smile at her and sit up.

"So, who's this Redbird I've heard about?" I ask, listening as Nat talks about an addition to the Avengers.

Steve's POV

"Was he married?" I ask, walking into the room Agent Coulson died, where Stark is standing.

"Uh, there was a cellist, I think." He answers, not turning around.

"I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man." I say, leaning against the railing that used to surround Loki's cell.

"He was an idiot." He shoots back.

"For what?" I ask, "For believing?"

"For taking on Loki alone." He concludes and I roll my eyes.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out Tony." I sigh and he looks at me.

"Why are you here?" he asks, "Did you find Zoey?"

I nod at him, avoiding eye contact and trying to look normal.

"Yep."

"Then why aren't you with her?" he asks curiously, "Did something happen?"

"No." I say a little too quickly, "We talked, then we just finished." He says calmly.

"Sooo," he prompts, "You know about stuff?" He asks slowly.

"Yep."

"And are you okay with that?" he asks concerned.

"Uh..." I trail off.

"You can't be serious!" he says, outraged.

"No no it's not that!!" I say, trying to make sure he doesn't get angry.