47: One Way Out

I smile widely.

"The farm... The farm of my grandfather, have we passed it already?" I ask.

"Yes, some minutes ago. But Cael, I do not understand..."

"You will. We have to go there! Please please please please!!"
Surprisingly, he turns around and starts heading towards the farm.

-)././.(-

I hop out and look around at the dusty place. Ashes still cover the ground and it seems like this place has been abandoned for ages.
Memories slowly start sliding into my mind, making me feel sad.
But I have no time for this. I shake my thoughts away and focus on one thing. What I came for.

Optimus transforms behind me and looks around before staring down at me, probably waiting for me to give him an explanation.

"Alright" I turn to him and smile, then, I start walking towards what's left of the farm while I speak. "Remember the Investigation?"

"Yes..." He answers, not sure where this is going.

"There were two volumes tha-" I stop, remembering that the second part was in my backpack... The one I gave to Haddelin... I need to get it back.

"Cael..?"

"Sorry" I shake my head. "The thing is, I know the first part is, well... Blown up... But there's also a second part and... I think there are more..."

"Why do you think that?" Optimus asks, walking behind me.

"Do you know the whole name of those researches? It's Project Decepticon Technology Volume A or B... But the thing is it's specified that they're the part 1" I say while looking for the entrance to the secret underground room. "So that makes me think that there's a part two, if there wasn't, why would it be necessary to specify that it's part 1? I mean, there has to be a part 2... Besides, all through both volumes, my dad gives little hints of other researches, phrases like: I understood this in latter researches and stuff like that" I find the carpet and stand on top of it, smiling.
Before the floor slides open, I jump to my right side for not falling into the metal floor down there.
"Also, you said something about a new weapon; so there has to be some type of record about it and I believe that that specific weapon..-" I jump into the room and make a cloud of dust when I land. "..is the reason why the Matrix didn't work"
I look up and smile as he looks down at me.

"I understand. Do you think there's going to be a way to bring him back by knowing what type of weapon it was that shot him?"

"I hope so. In the other parts of the Investigation, my dad wrote the way to destroy or deactivate every project shown, in case it was some sort of gas or 'biologic' weapon, he always described a cure so I have reasons to believe the weapon they used to... You know... Had some kind of effect that made the Matrix useless with that injure or maybe it had an influence in Bee's body that made him immune to the Matrix or something.... There must be something..." I mutter that last part as I walk around the place.

I head to the three computers next to each other and wipe the dust away of the tables where they are resting, shut down.
There are papers tossed all around, covered in dirt.
I take them and read what's written on them. The handwriting reveals that he was in a hurry while writing them but it's just facts of some sort of project he was working on.

'Dangerous when out of control, do not engage alone'

'Bulletproof exoskeleton with two retractable dagger/swords'

"What the hell were you working on, dad?" I whisper, giving a quick look to the wall with the scratches.

I take the papers and look around me.