Gay Games... Everyone's a winner.

"Shit."

     Andres threw his empty chips bag into the trash beside his desk but frowned when his stomach grumbled. Why was he still hungry?

"If only Vlad came today." He muttered, picking up his phone to check the call log.

     There was nothing from Vlad. Absolutely nothing. And when Gala had called him, she had changed the topic whenever he brought up the man. Andres didn't know if the Russian was ignoring him but if he was, Andres didn't blame him.

     It had been his fault. He had stopped going home and of course Vlad had worried like the worrywart he was. Him being him had visited his office the next day and had played it cool like he hadn't been disturbed by his absent. Andres played along and told him the lie he had been prepping for that moment.

     Vlad believed instantly. How could he not when he didn't know a thing about being a Sheriff. But Andres knew he failed the minute he didn't kiss him before he left. But the Colombian didn't play it off as a loss yet until Vlad came the next day with Andres newfound favorite food and stood in front of him with a look that plainly said kiss me.

     Andres knew why he had ignored it but he regretted it right after because Vlad hardly came again. Sure he called everyday but he never brought his favorite food again and when he did call, it was just to be sure he wasn't dead or hadn't crossed the line. His tone had been cold and the last time he had heard such cold tone was when he was threatening to kill Gala.

     And all this avoidance was just so he could quench his desire for him. He was no longer disturbed by having feeling for a man but was disturbed by the fact that they would never be happy. If he were to cave in, his happiness would be short lived because they would both go their separate ways. And being Gay in Russia wasn't a so good idea.

     Dropping his phone back on his table, he stood up from his seat and walked around his office. Because of his problem at home, he had been taking unnecessary cases just to while away the time. The crimes were petty but a crime was a crime.

     Andres touched his temples as he felt a headache coming on. He needed a rest and God knows if Vlad was going to give him that since their last date was today. Lord knew he didn't know how he was going to face him.

"Sheriff?" Someone knocked on his door and he growled before staggering over to it to open it. James stood there in all his manly glory making Andres frown. What did he want now?

"Boss you okay?"

"I'm as fine as I can get."

Joshua ran a hand through his head which hardly had any hair and said, "Boss, remember you told me to tell you, you have a date with your husband?"

Andres winced and ran a hand over his face from the light in the hallway. He groaned again before answering, "Thanks. I remembered. Where's Barnes?"

"Shooting range. Told me he was teaching someone. Never got the name."

Andres nodded numbly then entered back into his office closing the door on Joshua's face. He made a mental note to apologize later of he saw him again. He took the bottle of water on his table and took a swing from it before folding his files into his suitcase. If only he could actually take a break from all of this.

     When he was ready to go, he sent Barnes a quick text where he told him he was on his way. Andres didn't care if he got it or not, he just knew that when he saw him they were going home straight.

And then if Vlad still wanted to go on the date he could ask him to suggest a place. Clubs and bars weren't his cup of tea anymore and he didn't want Vlad near any alcohol.