Chapter 11: Don't Get Pregnant

11. Don't Get Pregnant

"So where's he taking you?" Shayley asked.

"I have no idea," I replied turning up the volume of the radio.

"Well have fun," Jessica said. "It's so awesome you guys are finally going out."

I laughed. "I know."

"Took you both long enough though," Shayley said.

I punched her playfully on the arm.

"Have a good time!" she yelled after me when she dropped me at my house.

"And text us the details when you get back!" Jessica added.

"Will do!" I shouted as they drove away.

"Don't get pregnant!" Shayley yelled and I just shook my head and laughed.

I put my key in the lock and opened the door. No one was home. My parents were still at work and Emily was probably out with her friends. Kyle sent me a text saying he'd pick me up in forty-five minutes. I hurried up the stairs into my room to get changed. I put on a simple white dress which fell like three inches above my knee with brown leather knee high boots. I put my hair in large curls and applied a little make up which consisted of mascara and lip gloss. I went downstairs and wrote a note saying I was out. A few minutes later I heard the doorbell ring. It was probably Kyle. I quickly walked and opened it.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey," he said. "You look nice."

"Thanks," I said. "So, where exactly are you taking me?" I added walking to his car.

"A really nice restaurant," he answered as he opened the door for me.

"Oh, okay."

"But we have to pass by my house first. I just realized I left my wallet," he said.

"Sure," I said.

My eyes widened as we drove into his estate. There were mansions like three times the size of my house. We stopped at a gate which opened automatically leading us into his compound. There were lush trees and hedges everywhere beautifully trimmed into different shapes. There was a fountain a little close to his front door.

"Oh, my mom's home," he said as we parked. There was a black Bentley parked in front of the garage. "You could stay here if you want, she was out when I left."

"Oh...no, no I'm fine I'll go in." I said. "I mean I'm bound to meet her at some point right?"

He took my hand as he led me into his house. And damn, if I thought Shawn's house was huge then this one was ginormous. His house had three floors. There was a camera at the front door which recorded all those who entered and left the house. He led me to the living room.

"I'll be right back," he said running up a spiral staircase and I nodded. There were two chandeliers hanging above me. I stood in awe at the paintings and artwork in the room.

"We love to collect a new piece of art whenever we travel," a woman's voice said. I turned around to face a tall, lean, blonde woman with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm Khalan," I said stretching out my hand for her to shake.

"Naomi, Kyle's mom," she said back.

"Mom, who's there?" a girl said walking in. She had the same blonde hair but Kyle's brown eyes. She wore a black top with a flower print skirt which reached about mid-thigh.

"Khalan right?" she said as we shook hands and I nodded. "She's the girl Kyle's dating," she added to her mum.

"Yes she is," Kyle said coming down. "And we were just leaving."

"Oh Kyle you should have told me you were bringing her over. I would have dressed better," his mom said.

Dressed better? The woman was in an expensive Alexander McQueen dress I had seen in a magazine last month and was wearing the biggest pearls I had ever seen. I wonder what she wore when she was overdressed then.

"You look fine mom," he said and gave her a kiss. "I'll be home later."

We got into his car and he drove us to a restaurant called 'Le Jardin'.

"So," I said as we sat at our table. "You never mentioned you were..um...rich."

"I don't like to talk about it much. You tend to meet a lot of fake people. I've had a lot of people who were friends with me because of my parents' money," he said.

"Oh, okay," I said. I mean his reason was quite understandable. Shawn acted that way too.

"What?" he asked as we ordered.

"Nothing," I replied. "It's just...these are really expensive. I don't want you spending that much money on me."

"It's really no problem Khalan," he said assuring me. I sighed and nodded. We finished eating and we took a walk through the park.

"I'm sorry I sprung this whole date on you," he said as he took my hand. "Trust me I would have preferred tomorrow."

"I suggested tonight right?" I told him. "Besides we would have had to compromise our plans if it was tomorrow. Saturday detention remember?"

"Oh," he said. "I don't like that he got you in trouble you know?"

I sighed. "Shawn didn't do anything Kyle. I poured that pudding. Besides, Renée started it and needed more than pudding to the face if you ask me."

His face kind of fell when I defended Shawn.

"Why don't we get going?" I quickly said.

"We can," he said. "But first-" he stopped and kissed me on the lip.

"Now, we can go," he said and I laughed.

"Smooth," I joked.

We listened to music on his radio as he drove me home.

"Thanks," I said kissing him one more time.

"Don't mention it," he said as I got out of his car. I entered my house and greeted my parents snd went straight up to my room. I took a nice long shower and played a few songs on my piano. I decided to text Shayley and Jessica and tell them about the date. We talked for a while and I decided to go to bed. I sighed as I put my head on my pillow. Tomorrow was going to be another day, one which I had to spend in school. Saturday detention just sucked.