Chapter 41

Captain Rajveer in his room, sitting on the sofa, his left leg folded and is placed on the right leg. Resting his left elbow on the left arm of the sofa, so that it gives support to his erect hand, which is holding an eraser, while his right hand is busy, drawing a sketch on the drawing pad, kept on his right folded leg for support, is trying to sketch out the girl he met. Dr. Shalini ushers through the opened door, and says "Captain have you seen Suriji?"

Placing the drawing pad on the corner table, Captain Rajveer gets up, adjusting his dark blue shirt, he says "No Dr. Shalini. Kyu apko kuch important kaam tha kya unse?" "Nahi I mean, not so important, it's just that unhone Cadet Yudi ke headphones le liye hain. So you know Cadet Yudi abhi pareshan ho raha hai. Unhe adat hai raat ko gaane sunn kar sone ki. So I thought main Suriji se request karun ki wo wapas de dein Cadet Yudi ke headphones".Laughing a little, Captain Rajveer says, "Magar Dr.Shalini, Suriji ne aisa kiya kyun?" "Well I guess ab ye to wohi bata payenge" smiles Dr. Shalini.

An orderly knocks the door, "Ma'am apke liye call hai""Kiska?" "Mr. Sameer Arora ka".

As soon as Dr. Shalini listens to his name, blood drains off her face. She keeps staring at the curtains in front of her. Understanding her state perfectly, Captain Rajveer indicates the orderly to leave. 

After he leaves, Captain Rajveer places his right hand on her left shoulder and says,"Dr. Shalini, aap kab tak yun darti rahengi? Aap janti hain ki KMA hi apka ghar hai, apka parivar hai, aur hum sub apke saath hain. Please jaiye aur baat kariye. Keh dijiye ki ab apko kisi ki zarurat nahi hai".Dr. Shalini looks at him with teary eyes, then controlling herself and not letting even a single tear to fall, she nods twice, indicating Captain Rajveer that she can and she'll do it. But more than him, it's a confidence she gives to herself that she won't break at any cost! She leaves the room.

Picking up the receiver, she says"Hello", she gets a reply. Then she continues, "Mujhey tumse koi baat nahi karni!" "Aur isse tumhe kya? Main janti hun mujhey kya karna hai" "Aaj to call kar liya hai, par ayinda mujhey call karne ki koshish to kya, sochna bhi mat, do you get that?"scolding him, she ends the call."Orderly! Orderly!"she shouts. "Yes Ma'am" "Ayinda agar mere liye koi bhi call aye to mujhey mat dena, you get that?" The orderly nods, and Dr. Shalini leaves. Yudi hears everything, hiding behind a pillar.

                     *****

Naina knocks the door of Rajveer's room and asks permission to come in. Rajveer looks at her and nods. She gets into his room and stands in front of him, holding her books in the front. "Please sit Cadet" says Captain Rajveer, gesturing her to take her seat. She hands him a diary and takes her seat. Captain Rajveer creases his brows, unable to understand what it is! "Kholiye"commands Naina. Rajveer chooses to open the page which was bookmarked.

2nd September 2011

Mujhey to ye samajh nahi aata ki koi bina girlfriend ke kaise reh sakta hai! Yaar main manta hun ki KMA join karne se pehle meri koi girlfriend nahi thi, par ab aisi life sochna bohot mushkil hai mere liye to.

Par mera dost Raj, lagta hai usne kasam khai hai ki wo inn sub chakaron mein nahi parne wala. Yaar itni girl cadets hain humare class mein, koi to pasand aaye! Par mujhey to shaq hai ki wo humari class ki ladkiyon ko bhi janta hai! Khair mujhey to pasand aa gayi hai. Agar humari dosti aisi hi rahi na, to main to ussi ladki se shadi karunga.

Haan main janta hun ki Raj aur main pehle se hi shadi shuda hai, arey bhai humne apne desh se jo shadi kar li hai. Par na pata nahi kyun, ye mujhey pasand aa rahi hai itni. Main uska naam nahi likh sakta, warna main humesha darta hi rahunga ki koi dekh na le. Waise main Raj se ye baat chupana nahi chahta, keh dena chahta hun, par abhi batana, shayad jaldbazi hogi. Main sahi waqt ka intezaar karunga. Aur Abhi, Abhi bhi to hai na meri tang kheechne ke liye. I wish Abhi jaldi aa jaye wapas. Agar usse bina bataye Raj ko bata dia, fir mujhse ladega. Jab hum teeno ek saath hote hain na, tab aisa lagta hai, main kisi bhi situation se ek pal mein bahar nikal aunga.