Chapter VI

Lately, Ben had been avoiding me. Every time I would go to pilot training, he wouldn't talk to me. It was like something had affected him.

"Goodnight, Lia. Love you," My mom kissed my forehead like she always did, and she turned on the fan in my bedroom.

"Sweet Dreams, Ophelia. I love you to the moon and back." My father kissed my forehead, also, and turned out the light above me.

"Goodnight mom and dad. Love you both." A smile grew on my face before they shut my bedroom door quietly.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep and travelled to the land of my dreams.

--

"Ophelia!! Ophelia, help!!" The crying voice of my father rang throughout our apartment and I sat up quickly. What had happened? Did stormtroopers attack again?

I quickly grabbed my lightsaber that used to belong to my great grandfather and ran out of my room.

In the living room, my mother was on the floor with blood all around her. My eyes glanced to her chest, and I saw no movement. My heart broke into shreds.

"Ophelia! Ophe-" I heard my father's voice again, but for some reason it cut off. Were one of the stormtroopers trying to kill my father, too?

It couldn't be a stormtrooper. They never can shoot anyone successfully.

My legs carried me to my parent's bedroom, and I gasped at the sight in front of me.

Someone from the Dark Side was there, in a black mask and black robes. They had my father in a chockhold.

"L-Let my father go!!" Tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I had just lost both of my parents, something I never wanted to go through.

"Dear Ophelia, he is already dead." His voice sounded robotic, and it sent chills down my spine.

"No!! How- Why would you do this?! What did I ever do to you?!!?!" My body sunk to the floor, just like my heart.

A chuckle fell from his mouth before he spoke again. "You were originally supposed to be in the same position as your father, you know."

"You heartless devil!!!" I stood up and pressed the button on my lightsaber, then tried to strike him.

I failed to do so, and he moved to the side. He activated his lightsaber and our weapons clashed against each other.

A chuckle fell from his mouth. "Oh, Ophelia. Useless, naïve, Ophelia."

"H-How do you know my name?" I feared this man so much that he caused me to stutter. I hated showing that I was nervous or fearful.

He de-activated his lightsaber and dropped it to the ground, and then brought his fingers up to the sides of his helmet and pressed two buttons, pulling it off his head.

I stepped back and gasped. There he stood, the person who used to be my best friend. "B-B-Ben?" I couldn't comprehend this. Ben had said that he was going to be the next Luke Skywalker when he grew up, countless amount of times. He had always said he hated the Dark Side. He had always said that he'd never betray me.

"My name is not Ben anymore!! I am now Kylo Ren, and I will rule the galaxy just like my grandfather did!" He watched me as I broke into a countless amount of tears. Knowing that he had joined the Dark Side hurt worse that knowing that he killed my parents.

"I thought you said that you hated the Dark Side of the Force, Ben! I thought that you wanted to become a Jedi!" I was so disappointed in him. "I-I thought that you loved me."

Ben's posture softened and his eyes saddened, but they were both quickly changed back to the cruel phase they were once in.

I turned my back and left without another word. I never wanted to see his face again.

That day was the day I decided I wanted Luke to train me as a Jedi. That day was the day that I knew I would protect everyone I loved.

-"-"-

*sobs in corner for 30 minutes*

This is the backstory to Kylo and Ophelia :) Thank you to LaughingMoon for helping me a bit with this, also.

-Kenna