Z Bite

(Suggestion: listen to ''Radioactive'' by Imagine Dragons while reading this)

-This story is in Blaze's point of view-

-Chapter One

I woke up in the middle of a forest, as always for the past week. This was the 10th time we moved. My brother, Jayy, and I had to move around town, sometimes even from city to city, because of what were called: zombies. Remember all the stupid warnings, movies and what-not about them? Well, it happened! It's been seven years since it started. The first case ever was unknown, but the first one ever recorded and shown on the news was a young woman of only 20-years-old. To this day no one knows how could it have started or spread over the world so quickly.

    Jayy was always up before me, looking for food mostly. Anything eatable would do it, we say. I don't know how we've survived so long, pure luck, some have suggested before. I yawned and got up. I left the small, green tent and walked north, taking a knife with me. That's all I had, a knife. We had some guns before, but we ran out of ammo then someone stole them. Any weapon you see, take it, if not they'll call you a fool for years. I wandered around,  if you stayed still you could hear the few animals going, or insects like crickets make their own melody. It could get lonely, therefor quiet, so I was used to hearing them. There was a big noise and someone cursed under their breath. I moved silently around the tall trees, finding a person hiding behind a big rock. Unsure, I asked; '' what are you doing here? '' he responded, '' same as you are, surviving'' he looked at me straight in the eye, while I eyed him slowly. '' Well, if you want I could give you some, uh, weapons because you won't survive here if you're only carrying a knife on your pocket'', he saw the knife I was holding and spoke without confidence, should I trust him? 'Jayy would be mad if I leave' I remember thinking. '' Sure, let me just go for my brother'' I replied, then we walked back in silence. When we got there, Jayy seemed worried and his face went blank when he saw that I had come back with a person without his ''permission''. '' Who's the guy?'' '' He said he had weapons back at his and I wanted to tell you, I think we need them'' Jayy nodded, '' what's your name? '' '' Marco, but does it matter? '' he shook his head and took his backpack, then tossed me, mine. While Jayy and I  packed the little things we had, like some clothes, Marco asked; '' How long have you been here? ''  and Jayy replied, '' long enough to know we have to move on, now'' he chuckled and nodded.  '' Let's go, we need to get back before sunset.''

We followed Marco out the forest and into the city. Cars were upside down, the sky wasn't as clear, then again, you couldn't see much in the forest, either. Buildings had fallen to the ground, thus making the pavement crack. Dead zombies layed on the floor, body parts from explosions near were visible. I couldn't believe that was once a working city. We walked in silence, what was there to say? I looked around, '' how far is your 'hiding place'?'' '' a few minutes far, don't worry-'' he was cut off by the sound of a roar. '' Be careful, look out for the living dead,'' my brother warned, as if we didn't know already. Marco threw in the air a gun for me to catch, which I gadly took. They came in a fairly big group, attacking Jayy first, then a bunch of them stumbled to where Marco and I were, we had to split up. I took the knife and stabbed to death one, then another, their faces were so close to mine. Their scent of death could be smelled. That or it was the blood they still had. One caught his foot in a wire and fell, then broke its skull as I stepped on it, running over to my brother and kicking one of the zombies besides, then I took the gun and shot the one attacking my brother, almost hitting him and not the infected. '' Oi, be careful with that! '' he yelled, '' at least he helped ya'' said Marco, hitting one with a rock on the head; he then took a shotgun from his backpack and shot two of the infected, having to kick one 'till he was done because his ammo ran out.

'' Let's go before more of those try to attack us again'' we started walking faster than before. As we proceded, the buildings were less and less ruined, to say it somehow, though, still very unstable. A dirty dog started barking at us. '' I'm surprised it's still alive, you would think it'd be dead by now, '' Jayy said. '' Yeah, they must be very special, eh? '' commented Marco, I nodded. My stomach grumbled, I was hungry. We hadn't been lucky enough to find something to eat, like a rabbit. We entered a not-so-large place where there was a few tables standing, as well as chairs. On them there were weapons, ammo, and walkie talkies. Wide- eyed I asked, '' can I take that? ''-pointing at an AK-47 and laughing slightly-'' where d'ya get those? '' '' No you can't and I got 'em from my grandpa, he wanted to start collecting them, guess it's a good time to use them, eh? ''