Chapter 16 - This is War

The light bloomed in the room lighting it up, I looked around and then noticed Noel's arm holding me. I gently picked up his arm and lay it at his side. Quietly, but surely, I slipped out and landed on the ground. I walked to my wardrobe and grabbed my clothes for the battle, all black so I could stick to the shadows. I brought everything to the bathroom to get changed. I tied up my hair it a high ponytail and out of my face and I grabbed my black underwear and slipped them on, next was a felxible black shirt, black tracksuit bottoms and black army boots.

I walked out and saw Noel pulling on his shirt with all his other clothes on. We were both sixteen now, happy birthday to me. I nodded my head curtly and walked past, we both agreed to be serious today and not fail Carmina. He nodded back swiftly and followed behind me downstairs so we could get our weapons.

Through the house orders were being yelled and grim faces were set all around. I went to the back fields where Carmina was supplying weapons, as she looked at us there was a disappointment in her eyes. She turned to grab out weapon belts and our best weapons.

I got handed my bow and arrow's that were laced in posion and silver, deadly to a half breed, she then handed me a few guns and a samurai sword. Her eyes crept to my neck and I could see her nostrils slightly flare taking in my scent and a cold hard look took over her eyes as she looked at Noel but she tried to be suddle and not point out. I marched off pretending that I haven't noticed and went off to command the woman and men who were ready to fight, we were shifters but we would not shift unless hand combat didn't word. We were deadly assasins.

I walked about inspecting when I heard orders being shouted and saw in the distance some of the patrolling officers with a cloaked figure, nothing was showing of this cloaked person. A man ran up to me breathless and spoke quickly so he could once again gain his breath, "She wanted to speak to you Danica, she said she had a message for you". With that the men were all around the figure as they approached. I stood tall and the figure stopped about three metres away from me. "Would you kindly take down your hood", I asked with firm in my voice. The person lifted her hood and I gasped. Staring at me was pure white eyes, with no pupils in them well tanned skin made them look even more the white and dark brunette parted to the side fell straight to her shoulders. Brown lips parted to warn me.

"You, I can not see but I can feel you oh moon Luna. You are so young to bear the burden that will fall on you today. I am the last of my kind and you are about to face the people responsible for my kind's extinction. You are so much like Zara, you look exactly alike, she would be proud of you, her reincarnation. With warning I come for you and your wolf of the Gods. Today you shall be tested by the creator of all. You will suffer lost through love and the road a heas is bumpy. Today will be the last time you see some of these men and woman around you most of them you will not see for a while. I will be out the for your return, it is my duty to follow and protect the child of the Gods and I shall not faill but you shall not fail either show mercy and if they do not take mercy protect your people. Now I must Go", with that the woman vanished and all the men looked shocked.

One man shouted out of the crowd, "This isn't possible, she's a witch. They don't exist"! Whispers errupted arounnd us and I got impatient. "QUIET"! I screamed over the whispers and then not a breath was even heard. I turned too the army we gathered and shouted over them the best comforting words I could, "We are going to war, there is no time for an odd appearance. We need to be ready to fight to get the ones we love back our fellow wolves and we can not let anything ditract us. ARE YOU WITH ME"? With that everyone errupted in stern voices, "YES MAM".

With that Carmina came out with Noel and a few other men behind her and walked out beside me and talked for she knew everyone could hear her. "We head out now", with that everyone walked to the forest to take the most quiet root to the hunters.