Chapter 50

*First person pov*

Ibiki appears out of the smoke. "Thanks for waiting, I am Ibiki Morino the examiner of the first exam." Ibiki says. He points at the hidden sound. "Hidden sound guys, stop doing as you please before the exam. Do you want to fail before the exam even starts? Pathetic if you ask me." Ibiki says. "Sorry, this is our first time. We got a little bit carried away." The Hidden sound leader apologizes, not sounding remorseful at all. "Well this is a good opportunity to say this. There will be no fighting unless permission of the examiner. Even there is permission, killing will not be tolerable. Those pigs who disobey me will fail immediately. Do I make myself clear?" Ibiki says. "Heh, sounds easy." The male hidden sound ninja says, getting cocky. "We will start the first test of the chunin exam. Instead of your current seating arrangements, you will pick one of these tablets with a number and that will be your seat. Then we will hand out the paper tests." Ibiki says. Naruto blinks, comprehending what he just said. "EHHH!? PAPER TEST?!" Naruto yells. I walk up to him. "Don't worry about it Naruto, you'll be fine. The test will definately be easy." I say to him. I walk up and grab a number. I get the number 76. I walk to my seat. I see Gaara get a number and walk up to seat 77. "Hiya! Hope you do well on the test!" I tell Gaara. He doesn't respond and I feel Duckbutt's glare boring into the back of my head. Oh yeah! I forgot that Duckbutt didn't want me to talk to Gaara and let alone be friends with him. Gaara takes his seat next to me. "There are many important rules to this first test. I'll write it on the board as I explain and there are no questions allowed, so listen carefully." Ibiki says. "Daddy, I'm bored. Play with me!" Keiko shouts. I quickly put a hand over her mouth and Ibiki glares at us. "You need to be quiet" Ibiki growls. I give him a small apology and he continued. He starts explaining the rules and I zone out. Keiko was tugging at my hair for attention. I noticed a gaze and I looked to my left and it was Gaara. He quickly turned away. "Hey, do you have something to say?" I ask him. He just gives me a small glare and looks away. "BEGIN!!" I jump at Ibiki yelling at us to start. I didn't realize he was done talking. Okay I just need to do this tes- I can't read this. It was all in kanji. Well, I'm fucked. Well, this test doesn't really matter so I can just give it to Keiko so she can entertain herself by drawing on it but before that.... I quickly draw a giant No meme on the front (Up top. I just saw this picture and I just died. And then I was brought back to life with the idea of adding this in this story XD!). I gotta say, it looked pretty good. I give it to Keiko and a pencil and she squealed with joy. I watch her as she draws and I see the examiners giving a weird look. I gave them a peace sign and they sweat drop. I look up at Naruto and he is freaking out. Poor Naruto... I see Gaara gathering sand in his hand. So it's started... An eyeball appeared in his hand and it went to someone who had the answers. "Ehh.... That's cool." I whisper to Gaara. He merely glances at me and continues cheating. 40 minutes has passed and people are getting dragged out. "Okay, we will now begin the 10th question." Ibiki announces. "First, for the 10th question, you have to decide whether or not you are going to take it." Ibiki says. "Choose!? What happens if we choose not to?!" Temari yells. I don't know why she is getting so angry... "If you choose not to, your points will be reduced to 0 and fail." Ibiki says. "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!" a guy yells. "Now the other rule... if you decide to take the 10th question and answer incorrectly, you will be banned from taking the exam ever again." Ibiki says dramatically. Kiba stands up. "WHAT KIND OF A STUPID RULE IS THAT?! THERE ARE GUYS THAT TAKEN THE EXAM BEFORE!!" Kiba yells. Keiko gets up and dives into my shirt to hide from the intensity. Ibiki chuckles. "You guys are just unlucky. This year is my rules. But I am giving you a way out. Those who are not confident enough to take the last question can try again next year. Let us begin the 10th question. Those who do not wish to take it, raise your hand. Until your number is identified, you may leave." Ibiki says. There was a long silence. A guy stands up and raises his hand. "I-I won't take it! I'm sorry, Gennai, Inoho." He yells. "Number 50, fail! Along with 113 and 111!" and examiner yelled. Other people started quitting as well and I look over at Gaara. "You're not thinking about failing about the exam, are you?" I ask him. He glances at me and finally responds to me. "No." Was all he said. I smile and I look ahead. "That's good." I say. I look over at Naruto and he starts raising his hand shakily. He slams his hand down on the desk. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!! I WILL NOT RUN!! I'LL TAKE IT!! EVEN IF I WILL BE A GENIN FOREVER!! I'LL BECOME HOKAGE ANYWAY, SO I DON'T CARE!! I AM NOT AFRAID!!" Naruto yells. I chuckle. "That's my teammate. The #1 hyperactive ninja, Uzumaki Naruto." I tell Gaara. He stays silent and watches Naruto. "I'll ask you again. You're life is riding on this decision. This is your last chance to quit." Ibiki says. "I never go back on my words. That is my ninja way." Naruto says. "Good decisions. Now to those of you remaining... YOU PASS!!" Ibiki announces.