Dreams

"Emelia!"

I jolted awake, gasping for air.

There was someone standing infront of me. Daphne Greengrass, I realised.

She was looking at me with a worried expression.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "You were tossing and turning in your sleep, and you kept muttering."

"Bad dream," I said, running a hand through my hair. That had been one of the worst dreams yet.

I let out a shaky breath. I was cold, yet I was drenched with sweat.

"Breakfast starts soon," Daphne said softly. "I thought I should wake you up. All of the other girls have left already."

"Thanks," I nodded.

Daphne gave me one last worried look and left the room. I had a quick shower and hastily got dressed.

 -

When I entered the Great Hall, breakfast was almost over. There was a buzz of chatter, and everybody looked over their new time-tables excitedly. I headed towards the Slytherin table, where my friends were sitting. Professor Snape blocked my path, handing a peice of parchment out to me.

"Your schedule Miss Safirus," he said. "Do try to stay out of trouble this year."

I'd been a bit of a trouble maker last year. I'd helped Fred and George with a fair few of their pranks that they had pulled on that horrid woman Umbridge.

"Well it's not like it matters anymore," I muttered bitterly. Snape knew about me and Draco. He was one of the Dark Lord's most trusted alies. He was pretending to be a spy for Dumbledore, but he was really a spy for Voldemort. I didn't actually know what side he was on, nor did I care too.

I took the parchment from Snape and walked away. I took a seat between Draco and Blaise, not really interested in what the people around us were talking about.

"Another dream?" Draco asked quietly.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked bitterly.

"You look like you had no sleep," he said.

"Actually, I slept like a baby," I replied sarcastically. "That is of course if babies dream of people getting murdered."

Draco looked like he was going to add something, but he was cut off by Pansy.

"What are you two talking about?" she rudely interupted. She sat across from Draco beside Daphne.

"Oh, we were just talking about how Draco's mother was planning for us to get married in the near future," I said, taunting her. "She thinks it's a great idea, seeing how close our families are."

A look of horror washed over Pansy's features. Blaise snickered quietly, clearly knowing I was only saying it to annoy her.

"WHAT?" Pansy practically shrieked, which earned a glare from Snape.

"Oh yeah," I continued. "We're thinking of having the wedding next June."

Before Pansy could react, Draco stepped in.

"Relax Pansy, she's only kidding," he said, shooting a glare in my direction.

I smirked in return.

"Oh thank God," Pansy said. "Anyway, your mother wouldn't want you to marry into Anayla's family, her parents are in Azkaban for God's sake."

The smirk vanished from my face, and all who heard our little conversation went quiet.

"You better watch what you say Parkinson," I said in a quiet, dangerous voice. "I'm not as nice as I was last year, who knows what will happen."