Chapter 13 - ARE WE JUST FRIENDS?

Whilst the stares continue at each other Alanna speaks up and tries to start up a conversation instead, "Hey guys! I never had the chance to ask, how much longer are you planning to stay in America until you go back to Sydney?"
"We're not 100% sure yet about the exact date but we're leaving just before Christmas." Jakob answers.
"Hey that's so funny! We might be leaving just before Christmas as well!" Alanna laughs.
As time passes, mini conversations are made between Isabella and Ethan. Alicia swirls her Frappuccino around with her straw whilst staring over in the corner of her right eye seeing Ethan and Isabella having a little giggle. Alicia is annoyed.
"Ahhahah. You're so funny Ethan!" Isabella laughs whilst giving a glance over her shoulder to look at Alicia.
"But I didn't say anything funny though." Ethan says confused.
"Oh stop it Ethan. You're making my stomach hurt from all the laughter." Isabella says.
Whilst the table is quiet and no conversation is made between the six of them, Isabella blurts out to Ethan and says, "Ethan this may be a weird time for me to say this to you but, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE YOU ETHAN!"
Jakob stands up and grabs his drink from the table. He walks over to where Isabella is sitting and he pours his drink all on top of Isabella's head. Jakob then stomps out of the Cafe and out of the door which leads to outside. Isabella runs out of the Cafe and follows Jakob. She doesn't care that she's dripping in hot chocolate ( by the smell and taste of it ) and continues to run after Jakob.
"HEY JAKOB! WAIT!" Isabella yells.
Jakob ignores and still continues to walk in a fast pace. Isabella runs as fast as she can and as soon as she caught up to Jakob she kisses him.
Jakob steps back and asks, "Why did you kiss me? You like Ethan don't you? So why don't you go kissing him instead."
"Because Jakob, I don't want to go kissing somebody that I don't even like." Isabella says whilst looking into Jakob's eyes. "What I'm really trying to say here is that you're the only one who I really like and ever will. I just said to Ethan that I really liked him because I wanted to make Alicia jealous and get a bit of payback so she could feel the emotions that I was going through that night we all went out for dinner."
"So you don't like Ethan, you just said that to get Alicia back?" Jakob asks.
"Yes." Isabella responds. "I'm sorry if I hurt you're feelings and..-" Isabella gets interrupted with a sudden quick kiss from Jakob.
"Does this mean we're a thing now?" Isabella laughs.
"Yeah. I guess you could say that." Jakob responds.
"We better get back to the others and I have to apologise to Alicia and Ethan for acting or strange and stuff." Isabella says.
"Good idea." Jakob States.
As the two of them walk over holding hands to the Cafe, they spot Alicia twisted in her seat with her back towards Ethan whilst Ethan tries to talk to Alicia but she just ignores. Well for Chris and Alanna, they just continue to help out Alicia and Ethan but isn't going so well. Alicia spots Isabella and Jakob holding hands.
"What's going on there?" Alicia asks whilst looking at the two friends who are holding each other's hands. "Oh. This." Isabella begins, "Well we had a chat and you could say we're kind of a thing."
"You mean a thing, thing?" Alicia says shocked.
"Yeah...." Jakob says.
"Hey but what about you and Ethan?" Alanna asks Isabella.
"Okay. Here it goes. Alicia. Ethan. I'm really sorry about what I said. Alicia do you remember when we were having that argument with each other back in our hotel room about Ethan..?"
Ethan looks surprised and confused.
"Yeah...?" Alicia responds with a hint of redness in her cheeks trying to ignore Ethan who keeps staring at her.
"Well that was all fake! I don't even like Ethan. I just made that up! And when I said that I REALLY, REALLY LIKED ETHAN, Well that was fake as well!!
"Then why did you say those things even though they weren't even true!?" Alicia spits back at Isabella.
"Because I just did that to make you jealous."
"Jealous? Of me and Ethan?? I don't even like Ethan." Alicia says with a bit of shyness.
"Yeah you do. You do like Ethan. I saw you look over at me and Ethan whilst we, well I was laughing and I could tell you were a bit annoyed. I also see it in your eyes the way you look at him, the way you talk to him and the way you reacted when you guys ever first met each other."
"Isabella I've got no idea what has gotten into your head because I do not like Ethan." Alicia says whilst getting up from her seat and heading out the door.
Ethan is disappointed and upset. "I really thought she liked me. But now I think she never will." Ethan mumbles to himself.