9

Luke wanted to ask Calum about what he wrote on the younger boy's neck. He wanted to know what he meant by the words "I would leave with you."

Luke wouldn't bring it up, though. He and Calum were finally starting to act normal now. He didn't want to mess it all up.

It was around six o'clock in the evening and, to no surprise, Luke and Calum were on the pier again. They were at Michael and Ashton's earlier. They showed the cousins their tattoos and Michael wouldn't stop "awe-ing".

Luke and Calum were deeply invested in a game of "would you rather." There wasn't really a point to the game, but it was keeping them entertained.

"Would you rather rub dog poop on your face or lick gum off the bottom of a dirty shoe?" Calum asked while Luke cringed.

"I guess the gum. I can't deal with poop, I'd vomit. Would you rather date a guy who's never showered or a girl who's never brushed her teeth?"

"Ugh, gross," Calum laughed, "I guess a guy who's never showered."

"Why not just tell the girl to brush her teeth?"

"Because you can fix smelliness, but you can't salvage rotten teeth," Calum pointed out.

"Still can't believe you'd date a guy."

"It's just a game, Luke."

"So you wouldn't date a guy?"

Calum raised his eyebrows, "would you?"

Luke considered his answer for a moment. He'd be lying to himself if he said he hadn't thought about a guy like that, but what boy his age hasn't?

"I don't know... I don't think so," Luke said finally.

"What's there to think about? It's a yes or no question, you'd either date a dude or you wouldn't," Calum argued.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because I'm your best friend. You know you could tell me if you liked guys, right?"

Luke nodded, "but I don't."

"I'm serious, Luke."

Luke shrugged while Calum continued to pester the boy.

"If I kissed you right now, would you punch me in the face?"

"Calum, if you kissed me, I wouldn't stop you."

Luke's eyes widened at his own words. He responded too quickly; he didn't even know what he was saying or where it came from and out of pure embarrassment, Luke ran back to the house and locked himself in his room.

Luke buried his face deep in the plush pillow and closed his eyes, trying to rid his mind of the cringe worthy memories of just a few minutes ago. He eventually slowly drifted to sleep.

•••

Surely everyone in the house was asleep, or at least they should have been, when Luke woke up. He checked the time on his phone; eight a.m. Luke turned onto his side on the bed and standing, looking out the large window of Luke's bedroom was Calum.

Confused, Luke stood up and walked to Calum who rapidly held Luke by his wrists and pinned him against the nearest wall.

"I want you, Luke," he whispered before dropping Luke's pants to the floor and kneeling in front of him. Luke tilted his head back against the wall in ecstasy when suddenly a knock was heard at the door and the flustered blonde was awoken from his dream. Luke blinked a few times, rubbing his face. Did I really just-