1- Frustration

At first it was purely a physical affliction. She couldn't hit him. The bastard would just step out of the way.

"Kids like you should be burning in hell."

Was that supposed to make her angry? Or appeal to her sense of regret? No, it made her smile. The desire to fight burned through her- she told herself she would revel in his end. Was that her telling herself? Or was it Chara? She couldn't tell anymore.

But she couldn't end him. She couldn't even touch him. And she had fallen time after time.

LOAD. LOAD. LOAD.

Again and again and again.

She stepped into the cavernous judgment hall. She had stopped counting how many times she had already done this before. He was still standing there nonchalantly, practically humming with magic, one eye socket glowing blue. He looked more tired than before. Not physically, no, he looked more ready to fight every time she reset. But emotionally, he was looking more and more worn down.

Aw, am I wearing you out? It was the voice in her head again. For some reason, with each fight, it seemed less and less like her own. Undeterred, she pulled out her knife. It glinted in the light.

Too bad I didn't save the weapon I used to kill your brother. I could have killed you with it too.

She stepped closer. Would you have liked that?

"Let's just get to the point," he said, grinning strangely. It only made sense that he would remember too. After all, why else would he be here? She knew his attack pattern by now- she could step out of the way. She kept swinging her knife, aware that she was doing now was pointless. He wouldn't let her hit him.

Nothing was different from her previous tries- he said the same things, attacked the same way. Her memory was just enough to keep her alive.

Finally, he said something different. "Alright. That's it. It's time for my special attack." His grin was looking more and more forced, like a wide grimace or a twist of the face rather than any kind of enjoyment. "Are you ready? Here goes nothing."

For a long moment, he said nothing. Then suddenly, he spoke again. "Yep. That's right. It's literally nothing. And it's not gonna be anything either. Heh heh heh..."

Inside, she could feel Chara's rage growing. Kill him.

"Ya get it? I know I can't beat you. One of your turns... you're just gonna kill me. So, uh, I've decided. It's not going to BE your turn. Ever."

Kill him. Kill him. Kill him.

"I'm just gonna keep having my turn until you give up. Even if it means we have to stand here until the end of time. Capiche?"

Killhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhimkillhim.

She tried to move, to act on Chara's will, as she had always done after her last reset, but some force was holding her in place. She didn't think it was his magic, either. No, it was the rules of this underground, of this damn world.

It was almost as if he could see her will, her struggle against herself. "You'll get bored here," he continued, as if trying to convince himself as much as her, "If you haven't gotten bored already, I mean. And then, you'll finally quit."

Bend the rules. This is your chance.

"I know your type," he said after another long pause, "You're, uh, very determined, aren't you?"

KILL HIM, FRISK.

The sound of her own name coming from Chara jolted her. How had she forgotten it? She had forgotten that she had a name and a voice too. She had forgotten that they were not one. Ever since she had given a name to the demon inside her head, it had become her.