18

Eva's POV

I didn't even go to see Coalson after Trip and I got back. I sat in the closet of my room once again. Bitting my lip and curling my body into a ball. Trip had told me that he would tell Coalson I wasn't feeling well and that was the truth. I wasn't sick. I just didn't want to see any of them. Not after what I had said. Not after what Trip had said.

I should have known they could still hear me threw Trips ear piece. I didn't get embarrassed much. Honestly I don't ever get embarrassed that I was mortified at what I had admitted. What I had said. I wasn't sure how but Trip got me to admit things. Things I kept barried.

"Eva?" It was Fitz. He was once again sitting in the other side of the door to my closet. "I know your in there." He whispered to me threw the wood. I let out a staggered breath. "Come out I just want to talk." His accent was thick. I sighed and turned before pulling the door open. He smiled. "Hey." He whispered with a smile.

"Hey." I whispered back. I didn't have much to say. I looked up and saw that he had shut the door. I kept in my spot in the closet. I couldn't look at him.

"What are you doing in there?" He asked with a hint of humor laced in his tone, along with a growing smirk on his lips. I bit my lip and brushed a few loose strand of hair behind me ear.

"Thinking." I whispered and his smirk faded into a smile. I pulled my knees to my chest. Fitz then slid his body next to mine in the closet. Sitting the same way as me. Looking around.

"It's a nice little spot." He said with a smile. "It's cute." He crinkled his noes and I laughed, my body rocked back and forth. He soon began laughing too. "You know I-"

"Please can we not talk about it." I said throwing my fingers out. "Lets just avoid the elephant in the room." I whispered and looked at my feet. I had fuzzy sock on and honestly probably looked like shit. Fitz then sighed patting the ground.

"I heard you that night." He said leaning over then back away only a moment later. "In the window sil." His tone happy. "When you said-"

"I know what I said Leo." I cut him off because I didn't want to hear my words. "I-" I began choking. "I know you love Simmons-"

"Who told you that?" He asked out of pure shock. He then shook his head.

"I can see it." I said shaking my hands once again. "It's completely obvious." I whispered and blinked. As I was trying not to cry.

"It's not true." He said and shook his head. Then he clenched his hands. "It was. I was in love with her. But it went away. It wants permanent." He licked his lips. "Of course I love her but not like that. No like I love-" He stopped talking. "I don't love her like that anymore." He whispered and I noticed he couldn't look at me.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out and he looked at me confused. "I know the team was fine without me but if it wasn't for Fury then I wouldn't have come. I didn't even want a team but-"

"Eva."

"- he insisted. Said it was good for my undercover. I'm not sure how but-"

"Eva." Fitz said and this time I stopped. "Your rambling." I turned deep pink. "Now as I was saying. I-" he sighed. "I have a hard time expressing my feelings. Verbally." He ran his hands threw his hair. "But I can show it." He said in a whisper. I smiled.

His lips were soft and I was sure he hadn't kissed many people. He seemed shy but slid his hand on my cheek. I smiled against his lips. He then pulled away and seemed completely stunned by his own actions, wide eyed and hand over his mouth.

"Oh my-"

"Fitz it fine." I said and leaned back. I licked my lips. He tasted like green tear, kelp and pretzels. "Really." I said to reassure him. I knew he would now run. Off. I bit my lip and leaned farther away. I was shocked when his hand landed on mine which rested on my knee.

"Eva I really like you."

////////
A/N

This chapter is cute..... but we all know S.H.I.E.L.D's policy about Agents being together.....

Instagram: @morganallen._ @princess.odair

Twitter: @carrotqueen459