||Chapter 9||

"It's mine." You gripped the photo, this could be the key to everything you wanted to know.

"Oh," Janet looked slightly disappointed, "alright then. Um I need to go, bye." She hastily left.

Wait, so is this Mikey? Maybe Gerard wasn't lying about having a younger brother. You continued to examine the polaroid, you didn't notice Tyler talking to you until he waved his hand in his face. "Earth to Y/N," he grinned at you,"You okay?"

You stuff the photo in your pocket, "Yeah, sorry about that. Did you need something?" you looked up at the slender boy.

"Um, no, not really. I just wanted to let you know you can go on break whenever. I already had mine." You nodded at him, "Yeah um I'm gonna take it right now actually bye," you darted into the backroom and pulled your phone out and went to Google.

Mikey way images, you scrolled through the photos, trying to see if you could maybe identify one. 

No, no, no, no, no, nope, dammit no, no, you kept scrolling through the the photos, determined to find a match. No, hell no, fucking- wait.... never mind dammit, no, no, ugh this isn't gonna work fuck. You turned off your phone and put your head in your hands. Why do I even care? I'm being dumb. It's not even any of my fucking business. You were about to pick your phone up to resume your search when Tyler called to you.

"Y/N, would you mind helping? You've been in there way past your break." You looked up at Tyler's brunette head peeking through the door. "You okay?" He asked you, his eyebrows squinched up in concern. You stood up, "Yeah, I'm fine." You walked up to Tyler and you both exited the room. 

You glanced at the clock on the wall to see how much of your four hour shift was left. 1:51, only nine minuets left? Damn I went over my break time. You served a few people and then you saw the employees for the next shift enter. Finally. You tucked a 10 dollar bill into the register and made yourself a double chocolate chip frappuchino and a caramel frappe. You punched out and grabbed your stuff.

 "You coming Tyler?" You and Tyler always hung out after your shifts with your friend from the music store. "Yeah, wait up a sec." Tyler scrambled to punch out then grabbed his cappuccino and phone. "Alright, let's go?" he raise a brow at you and held out his arm. you grinned at his gesture as you linked arms with him, "Let's go."

You both walked out the store with your drink and headed to the small music store just around the corner just to see a purple haired man in skinny jeans walk out of the door. You smiled at his hair, you remembered urging him to dye it purple months ago and he finally took your advice. "Hey," you called out to him, he looked over to you and Tyler and grinned, you could see the corners of his shinning brown eyes crinkle when he smiled. "I'm loving the new hair, Jim," you smiled and ran over to him. "Here's your frappe," you handed him the drink and he immediately looked at the side, "Why do insist on spelling my name wrong ever time?" he frowned at the cup labeled "Jish" then took a sip. Tyler laughed lightly at his pout. "Now don't be so glum Josh, the drink'll be on me today," you told him." Josh immediately started protesting, "Nope I'm paying. Done. The end." you shut him up. 

The three of you started heading towards the local park, cracking jokes along the way. Once you arrived there you all sat at a table in silence until Tyler spoke up. "Y/N, I just want you to know that we're both here for you if you ever wanna talk about yesterday or anything. Okay?"  You looked up at them to see Josh nodding in agreement to Tyler's words. You smiled slightly, How did I ever get two such amazing friends? you thought to yourself. "Thanks guys I really appreciate it." 

You checked the time, 4:20, "Okay guys, I should be getting home. I didn't get much sleep," You stood up. "Mmk see ya next week?" Josh asked you, "Duh," you let the sarcasm roll off your lips. "See ya spooky jim. Bye Tyjo," you waved at them then ran to catch the bus with them calling the farewells to you.

You hopped on the bus and took your usual seat. You were about to pull out your headphones when your ears perked up to the news the lady in front of you was watching, obnoxiously loud. A man who you asumed was the chief inspector of the police was talking, "I can assure everyone we are doing our best to catch the man responsible of the break in last night. We will catch Gerard Way if it's the last thing we do." You kept listening until you heard the bus driver call out your stop.

You stumbled out the bus and entered your apartment, praying that the elevator had been fixed. Nope, dammit. You proceeded to trudge up the stairs. After what felt like forever, you finally reached your floor and started searching for your keys. Keys, keys, keys, ah, found them. You unlocked the door and went in. The shower was running. "Dammit Skylar did you forget you have work," you muttered as you headed toward the bathroom to tell her she was already late. 

The water turned off moments before you entered the bathroom. "Goddammit Skylar, you're really fucking late," You pushed open the door. You stared at the shower glass. Oh shit. Oh shit. You have lived with Skylar for two and a half years and you knew that pale butt was definitely not hers. Or did she just turn into an incredibly hot raven haired man who looked just like a certain criminal you knew.  He turned head and saw you. He held completely still. You didn't know what to do so you just waited and stared at him, trying to avoid any part of his beautiful body that wasn't his hazel eyes. Gerard stood there dripping wet until he realized you weren't going to do anything so he screamed (like a girl I might add). Naturally you screamed too and ran out.

Oh my god, I have a fucking criminal in my bathroom. Holy shit. You flopped on you couch in shock, unsure what to do. Then you heard a voice, a beautiful voice, singing I Write Sins Not Tragedies. "I chimed in with a haven't you people ever heard of *bathroom door slamming* closing a goddamn door, no?" You listening to him singing. It was so melodically beautiful (even if it was ironic singing) his voice sounded so soothing, like you had just put on your favorite sweater and you were cuddling with cats, watching your favorite movie. You felt like you were in a trace, completely infatuated with his voice. 

Suddenly he stopped and walked out dressed. He plopped down next to you and light a cigarette. The silence that followed lasted forever. "I smell like a fucking princess," Gerard broke the silence. "I w-what?" you stared at him. He glared sarcastically at you, "I was implying that your shampoo smells nice, fucking hell." You couldn't think of anything to say so you just simply went, "Oh." After many more minuets of silence you finally pulled yourself together, "Why the fuck are you in my house?" "You have something of mine." "I don't know what you mean."

"Oh I think you do, Y/N." you grumbled and pulled out the photo, after all it was his and it was probably the only thing he had left of his brother. You held it out to him. He did nothing. You poked him, "Do you want it back or no?" he didn't reply. "I said do you want the fucking photo or no?" He slowly turned to look at you. He pulled the cigar away from his lips and blew a puff of smoke in the air. "I don't need the photo," he said then returned the cigar to his mouth. You were confused, what the hell does he want? "Then why the fuck are you here?" He turned towards you again.

"I need your help."

A/N: Hey everyone, I'm so sorry for not updating. I've just been really stressed with things lately. I really am sorry. 

Anyways I finally got over my massive writer's block and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

xoxo, 

A