The Boy Found on Willow St.-Chapter 38

"Oh please, you have a job, girlfriend and a place to call home. What more do you want? I gave you everything. If it wasn't for me, where would you be now?"

"With my family." John spat.

"Family family. Why are you so bent on your family? Your parents were in my debt, they knew what they were getting themselves into. If you have anyone to be mad at, you have to be mad at them." I narrowed my eyes at his words and stepped forward.

"How could you do this, do you not have a family of your own? He was just a little boy." I said.

"Of course I have a family." Edward smiled. "If I was a father in debt with three kids, I surely wouldn't ask me for money."

"Johns father wasn't in debt."

"How would you know my love?" He asked taking a step closer.

"She wouldn't and we weren't in debt." John said matching his step.

"With a new baby on the-" My ears stopped listening to Edwards voice while the memory flooded back into my mind.

"I was the doctor on duty when they brought his parents in fourteen years ago." Dad mumbled quietly. Father worked at Langley Hospital, he loved helping people, but when it came to death he took it hard. "She was four weeks pregnant."

                My mind had completely buried that information deep into my cerebellum. I bit my lip and stared down at the floor.

"-right Sophie?"

"Leave her out of this." John said and I looked up. Edward held a knowing smile.

"How can I? Her father was one who took in your parents at the hospital. Come on Sophie, don't be shy. Tell John how he could have had a little brother or sister." This was the final straw for John. He closed the gap and planted a solid punch right into Edwards face. He started laughing and clutched his nose. This spurred John on and he landed more blows onto Edward. In a matter of seconds, Edward was splayed out on the floor, laughing hysterically.

"What now John, you two waltz out of here and then what?" Edward asked getting to his feet. I squinted my eyes and tried to get a better view of things. Everything seemed to blur together. John and Edward both came together into a big blob. I blinked a few times and heard Edwards horrid laugh start up again. I closed my eyes and dropped my head.

"Guess only one of you is waltzing out." I heard Edward.

"Sophie?" John asked and I moved my eyes to look at him. My body went numb, as though Novocain was spread through my body.   

"John." I know I said, but I didn't hear anything. My legs gave out and my mind shut down. I watched John move and catch me as I fell to the floor. I couldn't move, but I was still able to see and hear. They drugged me! With the soup.

"What did you do?" John asked looked at Edward.

"The standard precaution. We didn't know lovely Sophie would be gracing us with her presence. Usually the new girls get a hint of Thorazine, not too much. It's help the girls when they meet their clients."

"You sick bastard." John hissed picking me up like a lump of meat, that's what I was, a lump of meat.

"So what now, what's going to happen now? Do you want to kill me?"

"No." John said.

"Then what's going to happen now?"        

"We're going to walk out of here." John said coolly.

"I'm sorry John, but you know I can't let that happen."

"Didn't think so." John said and I watched his lean down. "Sorry, look away." He whispered. As fast as lightening he leaned me against the one of the walls and John was on top of Edward. As I was told I shut my eyes and listened to the yells of the two men.

"Foster!" A new voice entered the argument. I opened my eyes to the familiar voice and looked to towards it. Officer Henderson? "Enough now you can let go." John looked back and stood up.

                 I looked back at Officer Henderson and felt my eyes grow wide. Behind him in the doorway stood Cameron, Michael, and Sam. Michael and Cameron, unlike Sam looked beaten and bruised. Their arms were tied behind their backs. This was another trap. I looked back at John and tried to yell, but only silly gasps came out of my mouth. Officer Henderson was the mole! I watched helplessly as John approached Henderson with a fishy look. I groaned and John looked at me. I moved my eyes from side to side and hoped he would take that as a hint. He did.

"Always knew it was you." John said.

"I bet you did." Henderson grinned and walked towards Edward. "Get up, you're an embarrassment to your son." Son?   

"Sam, bring the kids." I watched Sam saunter into the room and smile down at me. Michael and Cameron also looked at me with defeated eyes. Why were they here, what was going on? Michael and Cameron were positioned right in front of Edward and Henderson.            

"Using kids as your shields, you're pathetic." John spat.

"Of course not, do you really think we would stoop that low?" Edward asked rolling his head from side to side, wiping blood from his lip. "Besides don't be selfish, they're not for you. Right Sophie?" I tried to speak, but once again only a moan escaped my lips. 

"Sophie!" Michael yelled, panic laced his voice.

"Shut up." Edward said and hit him on the head from behind. Michael leaned forward a bit, and moved right back to where he was. "These 'kids' helped us find out everything we needed about Sophie. They were very useful."

"You said you wouldn't hurt her." Cameron hissed.

"Sam, take care of them." Edward said.

"Yes father." Father? I followed with my eyes and watched as Sam gripped two of my closest friends. Sam's going to kill them! I tried to yell, but nothing happened.

"I can't let you do that." John said. I hated this, I hated not being able to move, I hated being useless. I tried to move, but it was futile. I moved my eyes to John and watch as he blocked the only way out.         

"Enough with the heroics!" Edward snarled. "If I wanted to, you and your woman would've been dead already."    

"You're not human enough to kill us!" John yelled back. Henderson raised his hand and stood in between the two raging men.

"If you know what's best for you Foster you'll leave now." Henderson said. "Take her and leave."

"You sicken me." John spat towards the aging police officer.

"We are being kind right now Jonathan. We are giving you the opportunity to leave and in return all you need to do is, never come back."

"No."

"John, this is last time I am offering." Henderson spoke, as though he was talking to an infant. "The next time I speak, it won't be to allow you to leave. Now take her and go." John didn't say anything. Instead he walked towards me and scooped me up into his arms. I was finally regaining feeling in my body, but I was still too weak.  What does he think he's doing, we're leaving here? Nothing was even accomplished! What's brewing in that mind of his?  

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS!!!

I would like to again, apologize for such a small chapter! I'm a bit to caught up in my new story called Cleanse. I'm not entirly sure if i'll post it or not, but I'll defintly give a little sneak peak in my next chapter. If you guys like it then I'll consider putting it up! Thanks again for reading, STAY AWESOME!  :)

-Melissa