He Assigns Me Homework, Gives Me Detention, Then kisses me? WTF! **Teacher** 8

“Officer, what seems to be the problem?” Tristan had his arms wrapped around me. I couldn’t even pay attention to anything other than his voice. I knew I was going to be in lots of trouble.

“Step out of the water, now!” I jumped from the sound of the police officers voice yelling. I didn’t have to look to see he had his gun pointed in our direction.

“Tristan…”I caught his eyes and he knew I was scared.

“Ok” Tristan said, smiling slightly. How could he be smiling? He took my hand and we swam to the shore. I felt self conscience in my underwear and wrapped my arms around myself.

“Both of you put your hands up behind your head!” I felt my hands go up, not even realizing I had obeyed. Another officer came from the path holding Tristan’s bag. It was his leather over the shoulder bag I’ve seen him with at school. Why did they have that?

“Is this your bag?” by now the officer had grabbed Tristan and started hand cuffing him.

“Officer, there seems to be a misunderstanding.” Tristan caught my eyes, but this time it was different. He looked worried.

I looked back to the other officer, a mid forties man with a beer belly. He opened the bag and I heard Tristan growl.

“Don’t do that…” I could hear the anger in Tristan’s voice.  The officer tightened his cuffs, making Tristan wince. The officer holding the bag reached in and pulled out something I never thought Tristan would have….a gun.

The officer holding Tristan slammed him on the sand and reached for his walkie.

“This is officer Sanchez, I have a male suspect in custody. He is armed. I am requesting back up…” he proceeded to give his location but I didn’t pay attention to any of this. I was staring at the gun that the officer had in his hand. It looked like something a professional would carry, not a teacher. I felt the color drain from my face and faced Tristan. He was staring at me, he face pressed against the sand. I let him touch me…. and I didn’t even know who he was.

“Miss?” The officer had put the bag down and started towards me.

I backed away. “I didn’t know.” I felt my voice quiver as I almost broke down into tears.

The officer nodded his head. “It’s ok, we just need to take you down to the station for some questioning.” By now the back up had arrived and a few officers came down the path.

“Ok.” I felt the tears down, running down my face. They left a warm trail down my cheek.

“Come on.” I followed him to his cruiser and sat in the back. I had wrapped a blanket they gave me around my shoulders and watched as they took Tristan to another car. What would I say? I knew they were going to ask how I knew him and why I was there? I could never tell them about what had happened right before they came.

It was a long drive into town, mostly because I was on edge the entire time. When we arrived at the station I was given a shirt and a pair of sweats to change into. I looked into the bathroom mirror, the “Call 911 first!” was written in red letter against the black shirt. My eyes were red and my hair was a mess. I felt dead.

“Honey? You ok?” I heard the knock of the secretary and cleared my throat. “Yes, one minute!” I washed my hands quickly, trying to waste as much time as I could. This was going to be the most awkward conversation I have ever had.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and smiled at the secretary.

“Here, they’re waiting for you in the interrogation room.” He led me to a small steel door. Once inside I almost laughed. It looked like a scene from the movies. Any moment the good cop would offer me a cigarette.