~Ch 3~ The murder within 8 detectives. Part 3

Sayuri's POV:

"That means...Kaitou Kid was the one who invited us?" Mouri said with shocked eyes. 'Yes, that should be fairly obvious famous Sleeping Kogorou.' I thought with a slight hint of sarcasm. 

"Yes, I'm sure he intended to have us seven detectives find the treasures for him. He's goign so far as to wager our own lives." Answered Oogami as he stroked his mustache. 

All side thoughts or meaningless conversations were stopped when the maid entered with our 'last meal'

"Ne, Maid-san." Fumiyo asked. "Hai?" 

"Did your master specify how he wanted the food to be placed on the table?"

"Hai, but Hakuba-sama said it should be dealt clockwise." The maid answered with slight wariness. 'Poor woman, she's only a innocent bystander but she is wrapped up in this event.' That was a passing thought in my head. 

"Interesting, the game as only just started and he called it our final meals." Fumiyo stated causing Oogami seated next to her to sweat a little. "Haha, there can't be anything wrong with the food since Im ade it myself."

How boring. How more obvious can they get?

"But what about our forks, knives, and spoons? And our wine glasses and tea cups. All of these were here when we arrived. Only our seats we drew for." Hakuba tipped his name tag over, as he put his hand against his chin in a classic Sherlock Homes pose. 

"Well, I don't believe he would murder anyone. But he may try to pull some type of joke with us, I presume. We should wipe off our glasses and forks, just to be safe."

"Hmm... sounds like you have some experience with this guy." I said nonchalantly, my tone obviously stating it was a side comment, meaning I didn't want to go deeper into the conversation but I want to see Hakuba's reaction.

Hakuba, sadly only shot me a quick glance with narrowed eyes. He must of caught what I was hinting on. Well, he would have more expierence with KID considering that Kuroba-kun is on top of his Kaito-Kid's-real-identidy- list. In the corner of my eye I saw Conan giving me a narrowed glance as well.

The rest just pushed the comment to the back of there mind to be forgotten.

"It doesn't matter, we shouldn't just let him do as he wishes." Mogi claimed going back to Hakuba's comment.

"Why not play janken (rock,paper,scissors)  to determine our seats." Mogi suggested with a smirk. "But what if we get the wrong seat?" Mouri asked nervously.

Mogi smirked. "Then, after we all admit that life is difficult, we can cry in heaven." Mouri and Ran looked quite shocked. Well that's how the world of evil organizations, detectives, thieves, and government police is like. 

After we switched our seats and wiped our cutlery we began to eat. 

'Disgusting.' Was my thought for the entire time we were eating. 'Who ever judged your food and claimed you to be a detective chef must have no taste buds.' I thought when shoting a quick glance at Oogami. 

Conan and surprisingly Hakuba, who were observing me noticed a slip in my pokerface. Of course, Conan just had to point it out. "Sayuri-neechan, are you ok? You look sick!" "Are you alright Kimiko-san? Do you feel poisoned?" Hakuba asked after Conan.

Damn that creepy kid. And British detective.

All attention was on me after Hakuba mentioned 'poison'. I pretended to look ill,disgusted, and slightly shocked.  

I put both hands over my mouth and stared at the food with slightly fast blinking eyes as if I was extremely nervous or worried. I then coughed a few times. "D-Did you use burnt avocado oil to cook  t-this?" I asked with a slightly raspy and shaky voice.