From The Ground Up

[From your first person POV]

I sighed and sat looking out the bus widow. This was the last bus that was shipping the inhabitants of the underground out of it and into the human world for today. The bus stop which i got on was at waterfall which then picked up at MTT Hotel, The core, and the king's castle. There were also only five busses between every two days. Two busses between each day morning and after noon and then a midnight bus.

I shuffled my feet and grunted as the bus waited five more minutes for anymore ' stray ' passengers. As the few people already on the bus and i waited i took into thought about where i was now at in my life.

This place was quite literally my ' New Home ' not only was it called/named that by the old king but even though the barrier had been open for quite a few years already, me, a human, decided to live there. Other people started to question my sanity with me walking back there into that 'hell'. Most monsters said it was dreadful but quite a few didn't mind.

But to me, it was nothing short of just amazing. I loved every bit of the underground and I'm not ready to leave at the moment. But i had to since I was now following after King Dreemurr's Rule I have  requested a seating with frisk the ambassador of the monsters. I felt if i got to know the one that was at home with the monsters the most then i'd be able to understand certain things that i don't already. I wanted an interview with them to get to know what happened to get them this far and for my personal reasons like gaining confidence.

After all, I've heard whispers that to survive here you have to know here and from old times.. It was ' Kill or be killed ' for a while.

The bus soon started moving making its long trek to MTT Hotel, The Kings Castle and then above ground. Come to think of it.. Mr. Dreemurr's Title as Burgentrückung,[If you don't know what Burgentrückung means its German and it means King In The Mountain] wasn't a bad title for the monster king. it was quite elegant and graceful for someone strong like him. I closed my eyes and sighed once more as the bus after about ten minutes came to another halt .

Soon the bus of 3 people was filled with a large gasp. I opened my eyes and sat up to see why people were gasping but all i could see was a dark haired robot. I rolled my eyes and slumped back into my seat but not quick enough to not catch the eyes of the android.

I heard the clip of high heels get louder until they stopped next to me.

" Hello, Chère, is this seat taken. " I flinched being called dear and shook my head.

" No its not.. " Taking a closer look he had medium length hair flipped up at the front. A pale metallic completion, a little bit of dark pink eyeshadow on, a baggy black shirt that had hot pink sequins in the shape of a heart and bleached from black skinny jeans on with hot pink and black boots on. He also had what looked like piercings.

He got into his seat and looked at he with a smile.

" So, you don't seem to know who i am.. Ah! what a relief i can finally try introducing myself normally... " He closed his eyes and exhaled before taking another breath. The bus once again began to move now to the King's castle.

" Hi, i'm Mettaton. The first ever robot with a soul, created by Dr.Alphys, with a passion for the arts. And you darling? " Generally i was just amazed by the fact and the idea that this metal-man was able to emote and have a soul but i shook the thought out of my head and replied warmly.

" I am (Y/N), first ever human to uh... not accidentally live down here? i guess.. A-and i take well to (Insert hobby here). " He chuckled.

" Dear thats lovely! " I flinched once more.

" Is everything okay L—.. "

" P-please don't call me that... " He looked confused at my outburst.

" S-Sorry i'm a little touchy over the nicknames area.. Bad memories, n-nothing major.. "

" So tell me what i can call you so i don't mess up again okay? " I looked at him surprised that he actually cared enough about someone he's just met to know and respect their wishes. I sighed.

" Darling is fine, just please refrain from saying dear and love.. " I sorta mumbled the last part just loud enough so he could hear it. He nodded and smiled once more.

" Well okay darling, if thats what you want i will abide by your rules whenever i see you. " 'whenever i see you. 'I thought this was just gonna be a bus hit&flirt . He took out his phone.

" Here i'll give you my number.. " I took out my phone and opened up contacts, then i named one 'Mettaton and gave a nod for him to start reading off numbers.

"2-1-9-7-7-9-4-7-1-8"[Actual Author-Chan's phone number If you call i most likely will pick up or call you back later. I will also probably say 'Hello darling' in my mettaton voice .] I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Then i gave him mine.

For the rest of the ride until we got to the city and went our separate ways we chatted about things we've done, and have seen. It was one of the best days i've had in a long time..

and i ended it with a text.

|Cant wait to hang out again Metty |
| > You

| Me too darling! see you when we can |
Metty< |