First Night

PERCY

Once we finished eating, we sat and waited for the students to all file out before all of us teachers went to our "quarters". Sevy had wanted the job that I got for years because the son of Nemesis knew that he had more knowledge of the dark arts than any plain old wizard but once we caught him up on everything that had happened since he left he agreed that I would probably be the best person for the job other than maybe Annabeth.

We parted ways at the fifth floor, Sevy going to his rooms, Annie and I going to our rooms.

We spent most of the night going to almost any means possible to stay awake but eventually sleep overcame us and we fell into nightmares. See, for the past year this was our routine. Stay up as long as possible, endure the nightmares of the pit. When we got married we had... more things to keep us awake. However we'd always sleep at some point. We learned the hard way that if we went over 28 hours without sleep, our dreams would just get more and more dangerous for those around us so we can't let them build up. But, because of our suffering, my dad gave me two more gifts. One: I can do something called mist travel which is like shadow travel but mist, and two: I can do what Frank can do. Beat that. Oh and for Annabeth, if she makes a plan it will not fail, if she builds something it will be dam near indestructible. My dad also somehow managed to retrieve her dagger and D's laptop (you can't really expect me to know how to spell it: IT (heehee) ) from the pit as an engagement gift/peace offering to Athena.

Tonight the nightmares were of fighting Tartarus. When we woke up we were both crying. We miss Bob and Damasen. We would never let them be forgotten. We went down to the lake and just lay in each other's arms, looking at Zoë's constellation until morning.

HARRY

That night, for the first night since the war, I had a dreamless sleep. However, old habits die hard. I woke up before the sun. Not wanting to just sit around until everyone else was awake, I grabbed my invisibility cloak and left for the lake. I was shocked at what I saw. The Jacksons were laying in each other's arms just looking at the stars, listening to the sound of small waves against the shore. As I get closer I can hear what they're saying.

"Look it's Zoë. Her Grandpa Bob says hello."
Percy pointed at a constellation that I recognized from astronomy class as "the huntress". Silent tears started sliding down their cheeks, shinning in the silver light of the moon.

I realized that I was intruding on a moment and quickly made my way back to Gryffindor tower.

Later that morning, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and I walked into the great hall for breakfast. Mr. and Mrs. Jackson were sitting beside each other, their food barely even touched as they spoke with the other professors.

Now that I think about it, I didn't see them eat very much last night either. I then became distracted by something unimaginable.

"Is Snape smiling?!"

Yes, the Severus Snape was smiling. In fact, he was smiling at something the new teachers had said. They really are full of surprises.

When we got our schedules, we had Percy- sorry, Professor Jackson's class second. We would be having Professor Chase's class for the first time tomorrow. I asked around and it seemed like it was the same way for everyone, one today and the other tomorrow. Well we'll have to see just how good they can be.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter but I want to try to update as often as possible (I don't have a schedule or anything, I just write as I get ideas) if you see something from one of your books, I don't try to copy in any way shape or form it just means that I like it and I subconsciously remember it. You guys are awesome thank you for reading.