Chapter 8

Octoling's point of view:

I put on the, squid girl was it? Outfit and he liked it a lot. I liked it myself and it seemed to suit me well. I decided to wear it whenever I can, along with some different clothes he has provided me. I slowly remember things, and I don't like them, my life as an Octoling kinda sucked. By kinda sucked, I mean really sucked! Anyway, he came in with the food and told me why he had it. I congregated him and ate up. We talked, we laughed, we gasped, and other stuff that I have almost never done as an Octoling. I starting to like Inklings better. As an Inkling, you don't have to fight, you can make your own decisions, you can be........ yourself! Later we played video games until it was time to go to bed. I enjoy my life better here than in Octo valley. I..... want to stay here..... but if I get my memories back....... then I'll have to return there....... even if I don't want to. I sighed, knowing it was hopeless to think about these things. Jason asked me what was wrong when I sighed, and I replied with "It's nothing." Then he looked at me, and sighed saying "If you got something to say, tell me, I won't judge..... I... I worry about you, and if you have anything to say, you can say it, and it'll help me worry less......" I didn't know what to say to this. I hesitated then started to say "I...... I want....." Then I burst out "I want to stay here! I don't want to go back to Octo valley! I want to stay here with you and be happy!" I couldn't believe I just said that to him. He was shocked the replied saying "I...... to be honest...... want you to stay here........ you're the best friend I ever had....... I..... I was going to ask you here...... but was scared to...... my life became a lot better with you around!" I smiled then said "So it's settled! I'll stay here!" Jason smiled "I'm glad. Night!" Night!" I said back and went to sleep.