Part Three - Chapter Seven: Traveling to Dubai

Putting the last of their suitcases in the car, Cristiano smiled peeking over at Eliana and Elsa as they came out of the house; it was pretty early in the morning and he knew that there was a long day ahead of them. 

The family were traveling to Dubai to spend the holidays and Cristiano knew that this was just what they needed right now, it had been a tough couple of months for them. 

Things hadn't been easy and Cristiano doubted that things wouldn't get worse in the New Year, he just wanted a couple of weeks where he could relax with his wife and daughter without anyone interrupting them. 

"Is that everything?" Cristiano asked softly, he smiled watching her with Elsa unable to believe how time seem to fly-by; their little girl was ten months old now and he knew that it wouldn't be long before she said her first word. 

Eliana slowly nodded her head, Elsa was sound asleep in her arms and she couldn't quite believe that they were about to celebrate her first Christmas. 

"She looks so peaceful," Cristiano murmured stepping closer to Eliana, he gently brushed his fingers through Elsa's blonde hair; he was thrilled with how much his daughter looked like her mother. 

Elsa was clearly going to look a lot like Eliana did when she grew up, Cristiano couldn't help but hope that she wasn't going to give him too much grief as a teenager. 

"She does," Eliana replied shifting her hold on Elsa, she moved to settle her into the car knowing that they had a flight to catch; she was a little relieved that they were taking a private jet there. 

It was at least seven hours on a plane and Eliana had no idea how Elsa would take a flight of that length; she could only hope that it was going to be an easy flight for them. 

Cristiano watched them, he honestly couldn't believe how lucky he was and he wanted nothing more than to enjoy this break while he had the chance.

***

Cristiano grinned as he sat on the floor with Elsa, he enjoyed moments like this and it reminded him that Elsa could take her first steps soon; she crawled about the floor without a worry in the world. 

It seemed strange to think that things had moved so quickly, Cristiano worried that things weren't going to slow down; he knew how busy things would be in the coming months. 

Watching Elsa roll the ball back to Cristiano, Eliana chewed on her lip knowing that she was going to miss moments like this; she just wanted things to be easy for them in the coming months. 

"Is that your ball?" Cristiano cooed moving to lay on the floor, he watched Elsa as she crawled over to him and he moved to sit her on his stomach. 

The season was going to get crazy and Cristiano also had the world cup to think about that summer, it seemed like such a long time away but he knew that the year would fly-by. 

Eliana would have commitments of her own and Elsa would likely to be traveling with her mother since Cristiano would be away from home a lot with a lot more matches to play. 

"I think she'll make a wonderful big sister one day," Eliana mused watching them, she loved the idea of having a big family with Cristiano and things seemed to be going well for them now. 

It wasn't easy and Eliana doubted that it ever would be with them both working demanding jobs but she was sure that they would make it work; she smiled thinking about the Christmas present that she had stashed in her suitcase for Cristiano. 

Cristiano slowly nodded his head, he loved the idea of having more children one day; it was something that he knew would happen when the time was right.

"Maybe one day she will be," Cristiano replied looking to Eliana, things were crazy right now and the last thing that he wanted to do was add the pressure of trying for a baby into the mix. 

The couple were still trying to find balance in their lives and Cristiano just wanted things to calm down before they decided to add another baby into the mix; he looked at Eliana wanting nothing more than to relax on this holiday. 

There was no way in knowing what would happen between now and the summer, the last thing that Cristiano wanted was for things to fall apart for them during that time. 

"Cris?" Eliana asked softly spotting the look on his face, she worried about what he was thinking and she knew that they hadn't really had much time together recently. 

Eliana had been busy with campaigns while Cristiano had been busy with football commitments and other things; she couldn't really remember the last time it had been just the three of them together. 

Eliana sat up watching him wishing that she had a way to make all this simpler for them, she knew that they would have a camera-crew around a lot in the new year and she hoped that it wouldn't add more pressure to their relationship. 

"I just worry you know," Cristiano murmured watching Elsa, he smiled softly at the cheeky smile on her face; he didn't want to miss her growing up. 

It was going to be hard trying to balance everything that was going on, Eliana would be working and away quite a bit with Elsa set to go with her meaning he would be home alone without his family around him. 

Eliana didn't say anything, she hated that he was suffering and she wanted nothing more than to make this easy on him; she smiled a little knowing that he would love her surprise when she told him.

***

Stepping into the hotel suite that would be theirs until the New Year, Eliana sighed in relief as she carried Elsa inside; she fought back a yawn wanting to take a little nap before she did anything else. 

The flight had been a long one and Elsa had done everything in her power not to sleep during it, she had kept her parents busy and they were just glad to have arrived in the hotel. 

Cristiano thanked the bell-boy who had brought their bags up for them, he watched Eliana trying to sooth a grumpy Elsa; the little girl hadn't taken well to being woken up upon arrival at the hotel. 

"I'm going to go and put her down," Eliana mumbled before heading off into their suite to find Elsa's room, she whispered softly to her daughter who was starting to fuss. 

Cristiano watched them go with a small smile on his face, he was relieved that they had arrived and he wanted nothing more than to relax. 

Walking towards the balcony, Cristiano stepped out and smiled at the view that they had; it was so peaceful and he was sure that it would be a welcome change for the family. 

It was going to be their first Christmas and Cristiano was glad that they wouldn't have to deal with any parents trying to take over their day with Elsa; it was going to be the first of many as a family. 

Dolores was still sulking a little about the fact that they weren't going to spend the holidays with her in Portugal even though she was now spending it with Katia and Elma's families. 

Running a hand through his hair, Cristiano prayed that the coming year wouldn't be as difficult as he was imagining and that they would be able to spend time as a family together.