The Land of the Free

Rubydust
What's some memories of your mom and Bianca you remember the most?

Uh...

I remember when we first moved to America.

See, it was in 1935 and I was seven. This was right before World War two blew up into a huge world-domination plan. Hitler was still in power in Germany and was in the process of taking over Poland.

Italy was already in league with Nazi Germany and I remember Father coming home. He told Mama we had to pack our stuff and we had to leave for America now. Mama and Father fought a lot that day.

They were even fighting about it when Bi and I went to bed.

Anyway, the next morning, Mama had our bags packed and woke us up, telling us we were going to America. I didn't really understand why we were leaving nor why we had to.

Anyway, we got on the boat and took the long boat ride over to America.

I remember being really surprised. Everything here in America seemed so new and big. A lot of Italy consists of old buildings and ruins and stuff so it was quite a shock for me.

I remember being really confused. I didn't speak English at all; I only spoke Italian so I couldn't understand anything.

Everyone would always stare at me when I was talking to Mama and things like that. Bianca and I became even closer than before because of everything that was going on.

It was pretty traumatic to move to a new country like that at seven.

Yeah, that's probably my clearest memory of my Mama and Bi.

I could go on, but I'm sure you don't want that.

Send me more asks!!!!!