Meet me on the Dark Side

Morning light invaded the comforting darkness as Chase groaned. "I don't wanna get up." Mornings like this always crept up on him. Feeling the space next to him he searched for the familiar warmth and scent of his mate. Finding nothing but her lingering smell and cold sheets he opened his eyes fully awake. "Autumn?!" Chase removed the covers even though he knew there was no possible way that he would find her under a silk sheet. "Damn it." Quickly jumping out of bed and adjusting his shorts he look through the room. "Autumn." His voice started to fill with panic as he look into an empty bathroom. "Oh god. What if she got hurt? Or..or vanished." Fingers nervously ran through his chestnut locks as he rambled.

That's when a door that was slightly open caught his attention. "The spare office?" Carefully hands opened the door the rest of the way before he peeked through. The morning light had already taken the office as its victim as beams of light shot out in different directions. Scanning over the room his forest green eyes stopped on the recliner. Emotions swirled through him as he spotted Gus mate and brother cuddled up together. "Must be cozy." His words came out spiteful as the duo was fast asleep. His moment of panic faded as he shut the door a little to loudly before walking around the room gathering items. "I'll just leave them be." He muttered as he walked into the bathroom shutting the door.

Chase really didn't know what to think. He always felt strongly for Autumn even when his father held a grudge against her after her parents were murdered. But Carter.. He pretended not to care when their father told them too. He hurt her. Luckily not physically but he hurt her mentally. He couldn't stand the idea of someone hurting his only love. Shaking the water from his hair he shut off the shower before wrapping his towel tightly around his waist. "Maybe I'm just taking it the wrong way." He whispered to himself walking out. Yawning snapped him out of his train of though causing him to look up sharply. Autumn ruffled her messing bed head before blinking slowly at him. A smile made its way onto her face as she walked towards him.

"Autumn.." His sentence was cut off as she wrapped her fragile and slim arms around his waist hugging softly. The small embrace cause his heart to race and blood to rush up to his cheeks. As she pulled away slowly Chase took notice that the dark circles under her eyes were lighter. "Good morning love. Did you have a good sleep?" A small smile graced his lips as she nodded and shrugged her shoulders at the same time. "Do you want to sleep some more?" His thumb slowly and softly caressed her cheek feeling her nod. Grabbing her hand he walked her to the bed watching as she laid down.

"I'll be in my office down the hall if you need anything. Alright" Chase felt the strong urge to stay with his sleepy princesses. A soft nod was his response before he leaned down placing a gentle kiss to her cheek. "Get some rest." But before he could pull back she shyly kisses his lips before pulling the blanket over her head. A huge grin plastered on his face as he happily walked away before getting dresses and finishing his morning routine. Even his mother who was walking out of her room was shocked as she saw her son slightly skip down the hall. "What in the world?" She watched as he disappeared into his office. "I raised complete weridos." She laughed as she walked down to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Chase soon settled down into his seat and instantly became bored with his paperwork. His eyes casted over to his brothers desk which still stood empty. Carter was supposed to finish paperwork two hours ago. A frown made its way onto his lips as he twirled the pen irritably. His hand soon found the phone where he quickly dialed his brother phone. The ringing tone caused him tap his foot restlessly hoping Carter would pick up. "Damn it!" Slamming the phone down he rubbed his forehead smoothing away the stress. "I want my princess." A child like whine escaped his mouth. The temptation was pulling him to throw his clothes off and fall asleep right next to Autumn. He would gladly chase all her nightmares away.

"Chase! I'm sorry I was late!" Carter frantically rushed into the office a muffin stuffed into his mouth and his pants unbutton and sideways. Chase's eyebrow twitched as he noticed that in his mouth wasn't just a ready-to-go muffin it was his mothers famous banana rasin muffins. "Ch-" He simply held up his hand before breathing deeply. "I don't want to hear it." Carter slowly walked over to his desk and putting the muffin down on top of his giant stack of paperwork. Chase bit his lip as he noticed Carter take another muffin from out of his pocket. Another one fell into place next to the two as he finally watch him pull his pants straight and button them. "So... I overslept and.." The words faded as he scratched his neck nervously. "Oh you overslept.." He looked up angrily. "Do you know how much paperwork I've done." His response was a shake of the head declining his question. "More them your flipping stack." Carter signed before sitting on his chair holding his own. He was used to his brother temper tantrums once and a while. I mean who can keep all their wolf instincts to be aggressive and dominant for that long.

"I'm terribly sorry Chase. Just calm down." That seemed to make him angrier as he kicked the wall. "Don't tell me to calm down! I won't calm down!" Carter watched as his brother slowly released his anger not he wall. A whimper sounded through the air as the door was open slightly with Autumn peeking through. Tears ran down her face as scratches covered her visible body. "Oh my god! Autumn!" Chase and Carter rushed to her side as she fell. "What happened?!" Carter panicked. Slowly her finger rose and pointed to her head.