Chapter 1

*flashback*
speeding down the road, faster, faster, and faster. As we passed car after car my eyes got more blurry when tears started streaming down my face. I heard yelling but I was blacked out, in shock, overwhelmed, I couldn't process anything. My dad screamed more and more. Next thing I knew I held onto my 2 year old sisters hand, trying to calm her down. As my dad turned his focus on me, yelling at me to let go of her, I just kept sobbing not knowing what to do, she held tighter. Then he slapped me, hard. It left a mark. Now it was l my sister, but harder, and she screamed in pain, then again and again he kept hitting her. Back to me, then it of nowhere my mom said something, I was in shock, she never stood up to my dad before. He screamed at her, yelling words that I've heard many times before. She started yelling at me, telling him if he wanted to end his life right now, our lives. He slammed on the brakes, pulled over, and screamed, "YOU KNOW WHAT, IM DONE, IM DONE WITH YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE, IM LEAVING." And walked out of the truck, leaving us behind. My mom just sobbed, we'll all of us did, we couldn't stop. After an hour of crying he never showed up. So my mom called the police, her voice shaky.
*end of flashback*