Pack Order

There are lots of pack lands because there are packs. Like wolves, werewolves are social and need a community. In this community there is an Alpha, usually male; he is stronger than anyone in the pack because he was born with an alpha gene that allows him to control his pack. In most stories the Alpha had a tone of authority that's called an Alpha voice, no one can disobey him when he uses it—except sometimes in stories his Luna can. A Luna is the female counterpart of the Alpha, she's his soul mate (we'll come back to that). She's not stronger than him because if she were why would we need the Alpha. She's the mother of the pack, the goddamn first lady. She's important and the pack is supposed to love her.

Then there is the Beta. The Beta, also usually male, is second in command to the Alpha (the VP). He's second strongest in the pack and close friends to the Alpha. He also usually has the Beta gene. So his father was Beta to the Alpha's father, which in turn made him and the Alpha know they were next in line and became friends. That's usually how it works.

Then there is the Third in Command. This dude is just what his title says pretty much.

Then all the pack members.

Then it is the omega(s) who are at the bottom of the food chain. Sometimes they're mentioned, sometimes they aren't. Overall they are weak and aren't really respected.

In the pack there's is a mind link. A mind link is like being able to read each other's minds. Some stories change about how far a mind link could work; like if wolf tried contacting their mate or alpha from countries apart. The pack mind link can be blocked so the pack can't read every thought a wolf had, just the thoughts that wolf wants the pack to hear.

Packs are usually named clever things with the word moon in it, like: Black Moon or Silver moon. It's kind of funny.