Chapter 1: moving in.

In the dark, lay a civilization of monsters, there was one single human child who had fallen into the darkness that the monsters called home. That child's name was Frisk, she had a determined soul that helped the monsters finally escape the darkness of the underground.

She had kindness in her heart that helped her in each and every battle. Instead of fighting the monsters, she playfully interacted with them. Each monster she fought was always spared. When Frisk and her friends were able to go over world, instead of going to her own family she stayed with her goat mom, Toriel. She would rather stay with the people who took care of her and protected her from disaster.

Frisk stayed with Toriel in a little cozy home, that was similar to her home in the underground. It's been ten years since Frisk found the monsters. And now everyone has a life other than being around Frisk, except Sans. Sans has been the only one of Frisk's friends who is always there for her. Sometimes everyone would visit, but it was mostly Sans and Papyrus. Undyne and her girlfriend Alphys got married a few years after leaving the underground, so they don't visit much anymore. Mettaton is quite busy thinking he's a famous star. And Papyrus is "famous" because he's dating Metta now.

Sans... He's always there for Frisk. No matter how busy he may be, he always makes room for Frisk. Frisk has always had a bit of a crush on him, even though she hates to admit it. Frisk was nine when she fell. She's now nineteen and having some trouble with her feelings.

Since Frisk was legally an adult now, she could choose whether to go to college or stay with Toriel. No matter how much she wanted to stay with Tori, she knew that her mother would be happier if she followed her dreams. Frisk had a thing for anatomy and science. She wanted to make everyone happy, Frisk didn't really know something that would accommodate her interests, but then again she could become a doctor and make people feel better.

Toriel was so proud when Frisk told her about wanting to be a doctor. Tori was practically glowing. But she was a bit sad that Frisk wasn't going to able to stay since the college was far away. Frisk's only dilemma was that she had to get an apartment and pay rent, that's not really a problem, but She didn't make enough money on her own. If she gets another part time job she just might make it, But that's another problem. Frisk has to pass the entrance exam to be placed into the classes she wants.

With all the stress on her shoulders she didn't know what to do, so she decided to clear her head and go to Grillby's new restaurant. She was overjoyed when she saw her favorite skeleton.

"Hey, Sans," She said as she sat next to him.

"Hey kid, what's with the long face." He asked, genuinely concerned.

"Well, I'm going off to college, and I have a bit of a problem. I don't have enough money to buy an apartment closer to the school. I should get another job, but I have to pass the entrance exam. If I fail the test I won't get the classes I need to be a doctor," She sighed and laid her head on the bar.

"That is quite the dilemma. You know what kid, since Papyrus moved out to live with Mettaton the house is just too big and empty now. So if you want we can be roommates, and I can help you study, and I can pay half the rent." Frisk's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Really?", Frisk asked. Sans smiled and nodded. "Thank you so much Sans", she jumped and hugged him.

"Come on kid", he blushed, "let's start studying for that exam. There's a written part right?" Frisk nodded. "Then we can start with that."

The two walked over to Toriel's to figure out a prompt to use for Frisk's five-page essay. "Okay kid, so what classes do you need to get into to become a doctor?" "Well, I'm great at anatomy. There're a lot of systems we can work with. Like the Skeletal system, muscular, and a whole bunch of different organs." She thought about her options, 'Organs are out of the picture, I want to test the body's strength, but I think that if I want to get into that class I have to go above and beyond.'