Chapter 9 Despair

Two hours until dawn

Matt.

I could go search for Matt. Even if it is to find his body, I have to go search for him. I wrote a note, telling everyone I would be searching for Matt and I grabbed the gun Mike left behind. I check to see how many bullets are left...5.

And I walked upstairs to exit the lodge. I tried to make as little sound as I could leaving the lodge, so I won't attract the wendigo's. So I walked the way I walked with Emily and Matt to get to the fire tower, or what's left off it. In the path as the still locked gate, I had the climb over it again. How did I do it when I got back here? When I was on top of the gate I jumped down it the snow. I had to regain my balance for a second. Just to get over the gates costed me so much time.

I continued to walk the path to the cable car. The whole time I was looking behind me and I was very attended on listening if I could hear some movements, maybe from the wendigo. When I walked in the cable car I walked over to the ladder we went down and climbed down there. When I was on save ground again, I continued walking further.

Now I had some time to progress what had happened this night. So much had happen. First there was this psycho whom was after us and killed Josh, later Mike and Sam told me that Josh was the psycho and did this all to pull a prank on us like our friends did on Hannah. While Matt, Emily and I went looking for help we went to the fire tower. Here we came in contact with someone. This person told us that the earliest they could come and get us was dawn, when the storm has lied down. After this the fire tower felt over. Emily nearly killed me by kicking me down into the mines. She joined me not long after this.

So we continued to get our way out of the mines and hoped to find Matt in progress. But instead we found Beth's head and clues about the fact that Hannah didn't die right after the fall. That she must have...been...starving.

Wait a sec...the flame thrower dude said that one becomes a wendigo if the person commits the crime of cannibalism. What if Hannah ate Beth and that is the reason only her head was left of her? What if she did that and became a wendigo?! Okay, let's hope that didn't happen. I wouldn't wish that fate for anyone.

Well after finding Beth, Emily and I were followed by a wendigo and Emily got killed, just when we decided to become friends. To get away from the wendigo I went back to the lodge and met up with the rest. Here we met the flame thrower dude and he told us all about the wendigo. Next he and Chris went outside to look for Josh in het shed, the flame thrower dude was killed in action.

Down in the basement Ashley found the bite wound the wendigo had made and though I would become one as well, Mike believed her. They both didn't listen to me. And if I hadn't leaned on my left arm, which cause pain in my shoulder, Mike would have put a bullet in my brains. Best brother award goes to him.

Yeah, that was it so far, if I remember correctly.

While walking I suddenly heard some noise behind me. I shouldn't have looked around but I did. It was the wendigo. It was staring right at me and made its way towards me. There was no use in standing still because it already knew my location. So I started to run.

I ran in the hope to find a place to hide, where the wendigo won't find me if I stayed still. But I wasn't that lucky. I ended up at the cliff again, the cliff Matt, Emily and I stood while the deer surrounded us. The cliff I believed Hannah and Beth felt down.

It was a dead end, literally for me. I started at the wendigo coming near me. "No! No, shit, no! Get back!" I told it, but it didn't listen. It slowly started walking towards, like it was teasing me with my death. Then I saw the tattoo on the upper arm of the wendigo.