Chapter 7: Welcome to the Family!

"Welcome to West Newbury" -

read the sign that had just passed. Staring out the window, hands in her lap, she could feel are palms starting to get sweaty as they reached closer and closer to John's parents house. Today was finally the day, the she gets to meet her superman's family, and see where he grew up. 

She felt his hand touch her knee. She turned and smiled nervously. "Babe, you okay?" John asked 

Smiling nervously once again she replied, "I'm fine," and turned her gaze back to outside her window. "They're going to love you Nikki, just as much as I do...I promise." he told her. She looked back at him, "I hope so." she replied. She could tell her heard the nervousness and anxiety in her voice. He smirked, took her hand and entwined with his. "They will love you." he said will bringing her hand up to his face and giving it a small peck. 

As they pulled up into the drive, Nikki could feel butterflies start to flutter around in her stomach. As the car came to a stop, John looked at her smiled opened his door, and came around to her side. He opened the door for her and helped her out of the car. He hugged her tight, and whispered in her ear "are you ready?" 

As they walked into the Cena Home, John Sr. or "Johnny Fabulous" greeted his son with a big smile and giant bear hug. Carol, John's Mom, made her way to greet them as well. John and his father were busy catching up with each other when Carol walked up to Nikki. She look Nikki in the eyes, made a slight smacking sound with her lips, tilted her head to the side, and held out her arms. "Welcome to the family Nicole," Carol said while wrapping her arms around Nikki. 

She didn't really know what to say, they were so unbelievably nice, sweet, down to earth people. She could tell just by the way they watched their son's every move, they were so proud of him. She could see the admiration glimmering in their eyes as he spoke. 

As the day went on, they talked about, sports, the weather there in West Newbury, and in Tampa, where her and John stayed. Then suddenly, all their attention went from their son, to her. In a split second, the spotlight was shining on her. "So, Nicole, tell us about yourself sweetheart." said Carol in a soft sweet voice. Nikki shyly smiled and began basically telling her whole life story. She told them about her twin sister Brie, her own family, and the filming of their new reality show Total Divas.  They seemed so intrigued about everything she was saying, which made her nerves ease quite a bit. 

They were all sitting out on the porch when, out of no where she heard a baby cry. At first she thought she was hearing things, but then Carol got up and went to go check on the child crying from inside the house. Nikki gave John a puzzled look. He then told her that they were keeping his niece Noelle while his brother was away. As just finished telling Nikki about his niece, Carol walked outside holding a tiny baby girl in her arms. "She just woke up." she said while making her way back to her seat. 

Nikki was fascinated by the little baby girl in Carol's arms. It made her thoughts travel into the future, picturing what her and John's kids might look like, and how awesome Carol and John would be as grandparents.

Before her thoughts got to deep, she heard someone call her name, "Nicole, would you like to hold Noelle?" John asked. She had apparently been lost in thought for a while, since John was now holding baby Noelle, not Carol. 

At first the words wouldn't come out, so she cleared her throat. "S-sure." she said "I-I'd love to." John gave her a big toothy smile and placed baby Noelle in her arms. 

As the conversations went on, Johnny Fabulous got up to take a restroom break and Carol left to go fix some snacks. Nikki, was still holding Noelle, and John was there with her keeping her company.  Then, John got up and went behind Nikki's chair, and whispered in her ear. 

"You were nervous for nothing. They absolutely love you...just like I do." John said as she glanced up at him as her gave her a quick wink and kiss on the cheek. As John sat  back down, she knew then, this is where she belonged."

-to be continued.