Chapter 7: I'm ready...I think

AN: I don't own Naruto. I only own my OC Akira.

*********************************************************************

It's been about five months since I decided to stay and work for Zabuza, although in my mind it felt like an eternity. Sometimes, it still felt like I was just dreaming and any second I was going to wake up from the nightmare that had become my life. Whenever I woke up though and found myself in a room that originally wasn't my own, I would quickly remember what had happened. My training with Zabuza had progressed from hand to hand combat, to using weapons, and finally to using jutsus, which was actually kind of fun, not that I would tell him that though. I also sparred a couple of times with Haku who was more powerful than he looked, which led me to find out that he had a kekkei genkai or a bloodline limit. Honestly, I thought Haku's kekkei genkai was pretty awesome and it left me wishing I had one. Even though I thought I had improved immensely, I was still barred by Zabuza to go on jobs. Ultimately, I was usually left by myself for long periods of time and I normally went to visit Satomi for some company.

Satomi had become like a second mother to me which I was most thankful for. She was patient, kind, and had a great sense of humor. Plus, she gave good advice when I was facing a dilemma. I even broke down and told her about really happened to me, and I was prepared for her to cast aside our friendship. But to my surprise, she gave me a hug and comforted me. Zabuza found out about our little relationship and wasn't exactly thrilled. Alright, he was pissed. But, I told him he would have to get over it, that I was a twenty-one year old woman who was not being told what friends I could and could not have, and that I wasn't having it. As a result of this little tirade of mine, the next training session was pretty hard. I'm pretty sure he's okay with it now, although the baked treats that Satomi gives me to take home probably had a part in it. He totally has a secret sugar obsession. My relationship with Haku also improved to. He quickly grew to be a little brother to me. He was so sweet and I loved him. I was honestly glad that I got to meet him. We would cook dinner together and take walks together in the woods. He even patiently listened to me rant about what Zabuza did to piss me off.

Speaking of Zabuza, it seemed that me and him still had petty arguments and disagreements that were usually instigated by me. Honestly, I got a kick out of them because seeing Zabuza ticked off was hilarious for me. Haku warned me that my little arguments with him were going to land me in some trouble with said man, but I shrugged it off saying that I would deal with it when it happened. I had to admit that he was a pretty good teacher, even though he could be pretty tough on you. But, I wasn't going to satisfy him by telling him that. Wouldn't want it to go to his already big ego. Despite that, I could feel these nagging little feelings growing for the man. I didn't want them to be there, but somehow they showed up and would not go away. It wasn't like Zabuza was an unattractive man, it was the opposite. I noticed it the first time I saw him, although I couldn't dwell too much on it considering the fact he was trying to kill me. His spiky hair begged me to run my fingers through it, and I felt like his dark eyes could see right through me. It didn't hurt that he was perfectly chiseled. His whole upper body was toned and defined with lean muscles that you could only get from training intensely. And I couldn't erase the picture of his unmasked face from my mind. It was like, it was ingrained in there. Every time I thought about it, I could just feel my face threaten to heat up with a blush. But, I couldn't tell him about these silly little feelings I was experiencing. That would be the stupidest mistake I could ever make. I doubt the guy had a heart to feel something for someone else, let alone love in the first place. Besides, it would probably never work anyway, considering he's my boss and stuff.

Right now though, I was going to face him on letting me join Haku and him on the next mission, and I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

*********************************************************************