Author's Note

I've always loved writing historical fiction. In the past, I have written mainly from the perspective of higher class people. For this story, I wanted to explore that same world through the perspective of a poor person who is constantly being exploited by those higher-class people. I had a lot of plans and ideas for this story. I discussed it with friends, asked for feedback and ideas. Just know that this story is the result of a lot of discussions and feedback.

    I am eternally grateful to a lot of people for helping me and encouraging me. To my family of course, for letting me jabber on in their heads about my story. To all my readers, who are the best, funniest group ever. You guys are the ones who gave me the feedback, laughter, love, and encouragement necessary to keep on going. If it weren't for your enthusiasm,encouragement, and sense of humor, I would have stopped a long time ago. You guys all deserve to find your own Rosalies and Curtises. To all my fellow book clubbers, for allowing me to read the story during meetings and for convincing me that this story is actually good. To everyone who helped me along the way, I extend my sincerest thanks and love. You guys are the best!

-Danielle