Part 31

***Peyton's POV***

Later that night I open the big envelope. Inside the envelope are several letters. What the hell?

I pick up the first one, I unfold it and begin reading.

Dear Peyton,

I know that you don't want to hear from me. I haven't seen or talked to you in a long time. I would like to start off by saying how proud I am of you. I wasn't ready to be a mom, I didn't know what to do, or how to act, or how to talk. I was confused. So when I had twins that made me wanna faint. I had no clue on what to do. I had an immature boyfriend who was very irresponsible.

When you and Louis grew up, I thought that I was done. I thought that I had finished being a mom and that you guys would take care of yourselves now. But I was very wrong. So when you and Louis needed a mother , I wasn't there. I am sorry for that. When Louis became famous I didn't know what to do. I thought he needed me to be his mom...but he didn't. So I assumed that you didn't need me as well, so I left you on your own. I stopped being your mom. I am so sorry.

I am proud of you because you have been more of a mother than I ever was. You stuck around even when I left, you took in kids that weren't yours. You became a mother.

The reason I am writing to you is because I want you to promise me something. I need you to always be a mother to your kids for the rest of their lives. Never stop like I did. No matter how old they are...they will always need their mom.

Love,

Your part time mom

What made her write me a letter? She hasn't talked to me in so long and she decides to pull the proud mom card. What the actual hell?

I fold the letter back up and put it back. I grab the next letter.

Dear Peyton,

It's me, Liam. Things have been a little awkward between us lately and we both know exactly why. I'm writing to you because I don't think you will answer the phone if you see my contact, so this is the only way right now.

I know you don't want to hear this but, I love you Peyton. I really do and it is killing me that I am not with you anymore. I know you need your space and I totally understand that, but what happens after that? Will you work things out with me or will you just leave me in the dust?

It hurts me to say this but, I can't do this. I can't have my heart out on the line knowing that you might never come back to me. People always say that if you love someone do anything to make them happy. So you're clearly happy without me, so I'm letting you go. I love you so much that I am willing to let you go and be free.

I hope you know that I never cheated on you. That was my sisters friend Tracy. I would never do that to anyone, you especially. You're perfect Peyton, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I hope that everything turns out right for you. We probably won't see each other again for a long time until I can be happy by myself, so I hope you find someone who can truly make you happy. More happy than I ever could. I want the best for you and letting you go is the best thing for you, so I am.

If you ever need help in the future, don't hesitate to contact me.

Love,
Liam ❤

Tears are now streaming down my face. I didn't realize that I am crying until now. How could he think that I wasn't happy with him? I was until I thought he cheated on me. No one can make me happier than him, he is perfect. How can he leave me?

I am so stupid! I lost him, I lost the man who I love. He thinks that I don't love him. I am a failure.

I put the letter back in the envelope and then drop it on the floor. I climb into bed and cry myself to sleep.

***next week***

**Louis' POV**

Peyton has been in her room for most of the week. She has barely eaten and drinken. She only comes out to go to the bathroom and to watch the quadruplets. But even when she watches the kids she seems distant.

What happened the night of our birthday? On Christmas day she was fake smiling the entire time of present opening. New years she stayed home with the kids. She has been depressed and I am going to find out why.

I know that there was a letter from mum and Liam but what could have triggered this? I dial Liam's number.

"Hello?" His British accent rings through the phone.

"What did you write in the letter Liam?" I say cutting to the chase.

"What do you mean? I just wrote her what I was thinking and feeling"

"Well what exactly did you say? Peyton is depressed, she only comes out of her room to go to the bathroom and watch the quadruplets. She hasn't eaten or drinken anything since she read your stupid letter. So you better tell me what the hell you put in it!" I say getting mad.

"I told her that I was letting her go" He says sadly.

"What do you mean 'letting her go?'"

"I want her to be happy and she wasn't happy with me so I let her go so she can truly be happy"

"She is happy with you Liam. That's the problem with your letter. She loves you."

"She deserves someone better than me Lou. I am a mess, she is perfect"

"Liam James Payne, I wouldn't have any other person in the world be with her than you. You two are perfect for each other. You are not a mess, but you will be if you don't fix this!"

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so. So buy a plane ticket and your arse out here as fast as you can." I say before hanging up.