Chapter 17: The Dark Core

Yato's P.O.V.:
It was a nice, peaceful morning.
It felt as if all was well, besides the fact that there was a slight sting in the back of my neck.
I rubbed it in annoyance.
"Probably Yukine being a pervert over (Y/n) again.." I muttered, turning back into the warmth my bed palet offered me.

"Yato!!!" Yukine's panicked voice echoed against the walls, followed by quick footsteps.

"Speak of devil," I grumbled, facing my pillow.

Yukine barged in, breathing heavily.
"We.. we need to go out. Right now." He demanded, shaking me violently.
"Why do we need to do that..?" I questioned lazily, not bothering to face him.

"(Y/n).. she's.. she's missing!" Yukine explained, a hint of worry in his tone.

"Its no big deal, Yukine. She probably just went to hang out with Hiyori this morning. She can't be with us all the time, you know." I attempted to console him.

"B-but she took all of her stuff! The only thing she left was... the scarf I bought for her.." He said a bit somberly as his eyes fell in sadness.

I sat up quickly, becoming a bit concerned.
"She wouldn't have just left, would she..? Why would she even decide to just... get up and go like that..?" I questioned out loud, though Yukine's disappointed expression remained the same.

"Do you think its because of me..? Last night she was acting weird at Capypaya Land.. she told me she loved me and to never forget that.." Yukine explained slowly, attempting to recall everything she'd said.

"She didn't have any thoughts about running away.. then again I can't tell anymore. Now that she's a nora, I can't exactly channel all her thoughts into one place anymore," I said.

"Did she run away because she became a nora? Did she.. feel ashamed..?" Yukine asked me, his eyes searching my own for any signs of answers.

"Of course she was upset about it, but.. I'd never thought that she felt ashamed.." I creased my eyebrows.
I'd never thought of (Y/n) as a disgrace, not as I did of Nora. She.. was different. I wanted to protect her and Yukine at all costs, and prevent anything from happening to either of them.
Though, I have no idea where she may be.

"Yato.. we need to find her. We have to find her... What if.. what if something happened to her?! What if she left because of me?!" Yukine pleaded, his eyes beginning to tear up. He looked around frantically, but in his mind, the only reason he believed (Y/n) was gone was because of himself.
He'd carried this burden with him since beyond the time he died. From when his mother and sister left him.

He began sobbing, leaning his head into my shoulder.

"I.. just don't know what I did... to make her.. to make her leave me..! To leave me.. all alone.."

"Yukine.. stop crying. Don't blame yourself. (Y/n) left on account of reasons neither of us know. But we'll find her. I promise... she didn't leave you alone. We'll find her together."

Yukine silenced himself, leaning away from my shoulder slowly.
"I-if we do find her, don't tell her that I.. I cried over her." Yukine mumbled, as I chuckled a bit.

"You'll have to do my chores around here for a week to keep my lips shut." I joked, as he punched me playfully in my arm.
"Lets go find our girl."

*************************

Your P.O.V.:
"Stop crying. God, I thought we'd settled this already." Medusa snapped at you sourly, leaning back in the grande chair she'd namely claimed as her throne.

"S-sorry, I just-"

"Shut up. I didn't bring you to here to hear a goddamn sob story. I brought you here so you could show me what you're really capable of..!" She cut you off with a sharp glare.