Chapter 20: No Bitting

Chapter 20

No Bitting

Tobias was obviously frustrated. The car ride to the academy he barely even looked away from the window. I knew he didn’t want to buy Nyko and promptly told me how much my friend cost when he got in the car. But as I looked down at the boy sleeping in my lap, I never would have forgiven the general if he had let Nyko fall into another man’s hands. 

I brushed his long black hair to the side. It had gotten longer since I had left. His cheeks were covered in tear trails. Not that I was surprised, Nyko has alway been on the softer side. 

“What are you going to do with him?” I asked, glancing at Tobias.

“No fucking idea,” he muttered. 

“Don’t get mad,” I replied. “If you didn’t want to buy him, then you should have promised me in the first place.”

“What was I supposed to say,” snapped the general. “Sorry Reggy, but I rather let your tribesmen become a man’s sex toy. That would have went over well. You would have thrown a fit.”

“He’s just a kid, Tobias.”

“Hmm… how old is he?”

“Two years younger then me so eighteen.”

The general leaned over and examined my friend’s face. “He’s pretty. I could find a friend to take him in.”

I let out a heated breath. “I don’t want this life for him.”

“Well what the hell I’m I supposed to do with him. Society doesn’t look well on someone with two pets. It pretty much telling the world your a sex addicted, and one slave can’t suffice you.”

“So just handing him off to someone else is your answer,” I snapped.

“No, I’m make the bastard pay for him.”

I punched Tobias in the arm. “You are an inconsiderate jerk.”

Tobias rubbed the spot. “And you’re an ungrateful slave. I could have just left him there.”

“You only ever think of yourself, and that really pisses me off.” 

Nyko started to stir and sat up, rubbing his eyes. “Raja?” He looked a little confused about why I was upset.

“You really are an asshole,” I muttered, blocking Nyko from view.

Tobias snatched my chin and forced me to face. “Watch your mouth.”

I slapped his hand away. Nyko had curled up at the far side of the car. 

“He’s a scare boy that was stole from his people and all you can think about is getting your money back.”

“He’s a slave. You are both slaves. You’re only worth is the amount I can get for you, if I so chose to sell you.”

“You disgusted me. You have no honor. You treat people like objects. I know for fact-”

“Don’t you dare say his name,” growled Tobias.

“Who Zev?” I snapped. “Because he would never treat anyone like some animal that can be sold at any moment. You’re world disgusted me.” I flinched when he slapped me and clasped my cheek.

“I’m still your owner Raja. I may grant you more freedom than a common slave, but I still own you.”He turned back to the window. 

“And you wonder why I’ll never truly love you,” I stated calmly.