57: One Last Night

BACK TO ALEX'S POINT OF VIEW.

______________________________

I remembered everything.

I remembered the last hour clearly.

I remembered what I was like in my final form and when I made my Decision.

I opened my eyes.

It took me maybe a few moments for them to adjust and the sight I saw was the star covered night sky. The moon was absolutely beautiful. 

Everything was vivid. Everything better than I'd ever seen it before. I could feel Angels, Demons and Fallen Angels everywhere. One very close by that I knew well.

I looked down at what was covering me and saw my wings crowded around me as if protecting. My wings were like having a new pair of arms. In my mindless state, it was easy to control them but now I felt like a baby walking on new legs. 

I sat up and looked to Cameron who wasn't facing me. His bare chest showing a few cuts on his stomach probably from the battle not long ago. 

I opened my mouth but he interrupted me to say, "Put my shirt on."

I looked down at myself and gasped.

Yes, I was naked. Cam's large shirt covering the necessary. I stood up and curled my wings into my back. I still didn't know properly how to put them into my back and I knew it was going to hurt.

First though, I spread them out and stared at them. I put my hand to one of them and smiled. Interesting. I'll always, however question the ethics of how they go into my back of course. But right now isn't the time.

I shut my eyes and flinched and gritted my teeth when I heard the bones crack, move and stretch as they moved into my back. Gabriel was right... They did hurt to put in. I grunted a few times and clenched my fists. I sighed as the sting subsided and felt my flesh accustom to the shape of them. Odd feeling I must say.

I shrugged the shirt on thanking god it was long enough. There were a few little rips on it telling me that Cam was wearing this shirt during battle.

He turned back to me and stalked toward me. 

In my mind, I was still wrapping around this new form, new power I could still feel. 

I smiled at Cam and threw my arms around his neck. I was so happy I'd made the right choice. I was happy I didn't lose my mind completely. Gabriel was right. This time was different.

Cameron didn't respond so I pulled back and frowned. His face was hard and his body rigid.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" I said. I sounded different... 

He shook his head. "I have to tell you something."

My face paled and I stepped back. "Is something wrong?"

He took a deep breath and looked around. "Did you free Gabriel from his bound?"

I nodded with a smile. "I did it. At first I didn't think I'd remember but-"

"You shouldn't have." He said. 

I blinked at him.

Why?

"Why?"

"Before Gabriel was bound to you he had a tribunal remember?" I nodded. "You saved him from whatever fate held for him."

I had a bad feeling about this. "Yes, and what has this got to do with anything?"

Cam frowned. 

Oh, no. 

"What?" I prompted.

"Now that you freed him, he's back at square one. He needs to go back for another tribunal."

My eyes widened. It felt like my heart had dropped into my stomach and a knot had formed in my throat. "B-but that could take..."

Cam's hand cupped my jaw. "Decades. Hundreds of year. Centuries."

Why didn't I think of that? 

Why didn't that occur to me that Gabriel hadn't had a proper tribunal because I saved him from a horrible fate or maybe even a good one. 

I was selfish enough not to think of the damn consequence that's why. I wanted him free. And technically he was free with me. 

And by trying to get his freedom he's now going to be kept somewhere until his tribunal. 

"Where is he?" I demanded. 

"He's with the guards now. We saw you falling and I caught you--"

I could feel his energy but it was pretty far away. I took off running through the trees without a second glance to Cam. I could feel him following but I paid no mind to him.

I needed to get to him before they left...