Chapter 6- Never Say Goodbye

Chapter 6: Never say Goodbye

===============================

Today was the day. Then end of my life. Well, not really, but it damn well felt like it.

Drew was going to to Chicago from a month. One entire month away from my boyfriend. From my other half. I sighed. Woman up , Angeline! Get yourself together! Straightening my back, and lifiting my chin, I exhaled slowly and walked down the stairs and out the door to Drew's house. His stuff was already all packed and ready to go. His plane left in 2 hours. Technically, he was late, but it didn't matter, we were trying to prolong his leaving.

As soon as my feet touched the creaky stairs of the porch, Drew turned around to face me and a ran to him, full on. He brought me into his arms and hugged me tight. "Don't worry my little Angel. I'll be calling everyday and sending you so many text messages to you that you'll be sick of me by the second week that I'm gone." He told me, looking down into my watery eyes. I couldn't help it. I've never spent so much time away from him in the 1 and a 1/2 years that I'd been dating him. He smiled sadly.

"Angeline, don't cry. This isn't goodbye okay? I'll never be able to say goodbye to you. Ever" He kissed my forehead and I melted into him, trying to stay as close as I could.

"Why do you have to go, Drew? Why can't you just stay here like last year?" I asked, burying my face into his chest.

"I have to help my uncle. He's not well right now Angel. My whole family is going, not just me." He told me, resting his check on the top of my head.

"I understand" I said, even though I didn't. I mean, I knew I was being selfish, but if his whole family was there, why did he need to go?

I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. "I'll miss you, Drew. Goodb-"

Drew clamped a hand over my mouth smiling. "I told you. Never say goodbye." I grinned and pushed his hand away giving him one last kiss before he left. Soon he was gone.

That night, He had already called 3 times and texted me 20 messages. He had been right. It was annoying, but I still smiled every time his name came up on caller ID and I still missed him.

========================================

It fallters, I can feel it. I try again and open the door wide, so that they can walk into the house. They all smile at me and walk in, say nice things about our home, about me, my family. I just nod and try to smile. Finaly my parents come and take over the situation and I let out a breath of relief and drop the attempt of a smile. But Matthew sees it. He sees it drop straight off my face as soon as his parents started to talk to mine. I try to recouver it and fail. So I just stop.

"You don't need to pretend around me, Angel." He says quietly, just above a whisper.

"Actually, I do. And I always am, around everyone." I say just as quietly as I turned and head into the kitchen.

=======================================

At diner, everything is silent. Well, between me and Matthew it is. He hasn't tried to talk to me since we were in the hallway. I hadn't tried to say anything to him either though.

Matthew sat across from, staring at me but, staring past me too. He had a confussed look about him. I just dropped my gaze down to the chicken and rice in front of me. I pushed the rice around, trying to make it look like I had eaten some of it. Truthfully, sitting here was making me feel sick to my stomach and giving me a killer headache from trying to figure out what Matthew was thinking about.

"Mom," I said abrutly, standing up." May I be excused from the table?"

My mothers face turned to me and looked to my plate then back up to me. "I'd like it if you ate some more and stayed here instea-"