14- The soulmate spell

"This is stupid!"
"Finally, something we can agree on!"
"Oh shut up potter."
"Not what you were saying last night"
"Last night was a mistake! Completely meaningless. I was drunk. I meant none of it, potter"
"The feelings mutual."

Ginny and hermione watched from a nearby seat in the library as the two boys bickered.

They were meant to be tutoring each other , but so far , little  had been done.   

"Jesus Christ." Ginny massaged her temples in frustration
"Boys are so stupid."
"I just don't get it."
"Of course you don't, you're a girl. We are far too different to understand how boys minds work, ginny."
"They're so similar, how do they miss it, herm?" Ginny groaned
"I'll tell you what we need.."
"Hmm?"
"A plan."

They left the library and the squabbling boys and went to devise their crafty plans elsewhere.

"Look, we need to do something. Mcgonnagal and Snape said we would be banned from the upcoming hogsmeade weekends permanently if we don't do this."
Harry sighed, leaning back in his chair. He had meant last night. And he was almost certain Draco had. He just needed to prove it.

"Right, I'll start by tutoring you with your transfiguration.. Erm is that ok?" Harry asked hesitantly. Draco liked his lips and Harry's eyes followed the motion. He glanced at the slytherins lips with a blush.  Oh, the things those lips could do..

Draco gave a curt nod, avoiding Harry's eyes.

"Ok.. Um.. I've never done this before. I'm guessing you know the basic incantation spells-?"
"Of course I bloody do, potter! We learnt that in first year, I just need help with the non verbal transfiguration- oh SHIT"
Draco face palmed and Harry frowned
"What the-"
"My magic! Remember?!" Draco cried frantically, running a hand through his hair in exasperation.
Harry frowned thoughtfully as realisation hit him like a ton of bricks.

"there must be a loophole, Draco." Harry insisted with a look of impatience
"Nope." Draco lied, folding his arms.
"C'mon there's always a loophole." Harry urged further, slumping down in the seat right next to Draco.
"well.. Er.. I have to 'bond with my soulmate'" Draco cringed as he said the last word, throwing his head into his hands.
"well then, we'll need to find you your soulmate!"
"What the fuck potter, that could take years!"
"Duh, use a soulmate charm, you should know that Draco."
Draco sneered at Harry but dropped the insult burning on the tip of his tongue as he realised it was actually a great idea.
"So um how does it work?"
"Well, the charm is very strong ; it causes you and your soulmate to be linked together by powerful magic until you make love- until you do so, you have to remain within three foot of that person. Kinda harsh really. But on the bright side, you get to know who your soulmate is. Wanna try it?"
Draco nodded with an unsure look. What if it was someone like pansy, or a gryfindor ?!

Harry mumbled something quickly, pointing his wand at Draco.

A few seconds later, Draco opened his eyes he hadn't realised he had shut and frowned "um.. I feel the same." "Huh.. Maybe it'll take a while. I dunno." Harry shrugged.

The two of them walked toward the slytherin common room, neglecting the remainder of their tutoring. "See ya.." Harry muttered awkwardly before turning to leave, managing a few steps before letting out an odd sounding shriek and collapsing  to the floor dramatically.

"Oh shit Harry are you ok?"
Harry shook his head.
"I got these weird lightning bolts shooting down my body.. Fuck man, that hurt."
"Shit.."
"What now?"
"I think I get it.. The Lightning "
"Mhm? I'm listening"
"I think.. You're my-my soulmate"

(I'm updating the next part shortly as I want to do a Christmas special chapter tomorrow as its Christmas tomorrow !! Who else is excited???! Please vote and comment, I'm trying to get this book up to 500 votes before 2016 as its on four hundred and eighty something now! Please share this book it means a lot. Thanks for reading -nalajayne)