Chapter 10: memories

I'm always scared that something will happen and I feel like I'm always getting watched. I always think about what happened the other day. It seemed so real, like my mom was there. She's been gone for a long time and then she was there like nothing ever happened. I still feel like she's here. I try to talk to her all the time, but she never responds. That's how I know she's gone because she isn't talking to me. I want her back. I want to tell her sorry for everything I've done wrong, but I can't. "Paris!" Rosa screams. I didn't realize she was calling me, I looked up at her confused, "yeah?"
"We need to find a different place."
"Why" I said. This didn't make her very happy and she was frustrated with me but tried to stay calm while she spoke, "do you want one of us to get taken away again?" "Maybe" I mumbled.
"No you don't, now let's go. Get your stuff and we are leaving." She didn't give me any time to respond before she left and started getting her stuff together. I got my suit case and started putting stuff in it. Every time I look at the suit case or even think about it, it gives me chills up my back and I hate it. I want to get rid of it, but it's the only thing in my memory of my mom. May not be good but at least it's something.

We start walking out of the building. I look at all the mini buildings we pass. It makes me smile thinking about when everyone would be here. I remember Mr. Forest at the flower shop. People would laugh at him for having the name forest and taking care of plants. I remember Mrs. Carson being the prettiest girl in town. Everyone loved her and she was so nice and caring, always smiling and never mean. She was going to have a baby soon before the aliens came. Lastly I remember my dads shop, he sold wood and helped people fix things. Him and his helper Philip Cater, Philip Cater was a handsome guy in his early 20s. He was tan with black hair cut short and the brightest blue eyes you would see on a person. Some times I would go to my dads shop just to talk to him. Dad didn't know that though or he probably wouldn't have taken me with him ever. I was only 15 and he was about 6 years older than me. Even if we were only good friends he wouldn't believe me. Anyways, Philip had a girlfriend named Joan Sean. She had dark red hair with green eyes. I get back to my senses and start walking. Now we are past the buildings we are in the woods. I hate the woods it always reminds me of Victoria. I try not to think about it and keep walking.