Chapter 4 - Back in Dauntless

Shauna

When Zeke called and told me they were safe I broke down in tears. I didn't care that I was in the middle of physical therapy for walking again, I just broke down.

My sister, his brother, his best friend's girlfriend, George's sister, his brother's girlfriend, Chris's boyfriend, and so many other people, they're all safe.

Lynn, Uriah, Tris, Tori, Marlene, Will, Tris's family; they're all safe. Terribly injured physically and mentally, but they're safe from harm now, and that's all that matters.

They've all been home for about a day or so now and Zeke hasn't been home yet. He called me yesterday night and gave me updates on both Lynn and Uriah.

He's devastated because they won't let people visit until next week because of precautions of infections, diseases, and them all being in such a weak state that they're all being kept in close cover.

He told me that Lynn was shot once in her right hip but it is only slightly infected so she's in an o.k shape compared to most of them, but there's people in better shape then her.

Uriah was shot in the forearm and it ended up badly infected, but he's getting better by the hour according to the doctor, so that's good.

Zeke also was telling me how uneasy Four was getting. George was kind of calm with Amar being there with him, but he could tell that Four was nervous.

Zeke was telling me the description of Tris that Four told him.

She was shot nine times; all in the left leg. She had a knife lodged into her leg as well. She had a pretty deep cut along her jawline on her right side, along with being sickly pale and shaking uncontrollably.

Apparently they haven't gotten any news on her yet, which is making Four go crazy.

Marlene and Will are fine, but they're keeping them separate from everyone just in case.

I really wish I could go over and sit with them in the waiting room at the hospital, but I'm kind of tied down to either a wheelchair or a bed here at the Dauntless Infirmary.

But not by choice...

The medicine they started giving me a few weeks ago has been working tremendously, and I've been getting little feeling back in my legs, unlike before.

They say I actually may be able to walk again some day in the future as long as this keeps working. They've started me on physical therapy to get my legs moving a little again, but I feel like it's really not doing much because I can't control anything below my waist much.

Everything will be okay soon.

I can just feel it.

It's not like that stupid hope that Amity has for the littlest things, this, well, it's an actual feeling. I just know so. Everything is taking a step in the right direction, and hopefully it won't go backwards.

I just keep telling everyone that.

It's all going to get better, real soon. I just know so.