Forget everyone and everything

Today you went to school like any normal day. Things haven't changed and talking to Joe was awkward.
After he went to your house and met Tate he became really distant. He would say hello and go to lunch together but he wouldn't look at you. Or full "eye-to-eye" with you.
Then he asked a question that surprised you.
"Hey, (y/n)... I was wondering if I can go to your house..."
You squinted your eyes a little and folded your arms.
"Why??"
Joe looked to the side and then around the room. He seemed shady.
"Just to hang out I guess. Is your boyfriend going to be there?"
You were caught off guard when he said your boyfriend, you knew he was talking about Tate.
"He's not my boyfriend, well... I mean." You knew that you and Tate were starting to have a thing, but you weren't sure what you guys have. (If that makes sense)
Joe seemed to lighten up more after you spoke.
"I guess you could come over, we can work on our chem homework to." You said giving the hint that he can.
You smiled lightly and he mimicked your motion.

"Well you have to convert that first then, you get the mass." Joe said. You tried it one more time but it seemed like something was wrong every time you tried.
"I hate this, I'm done." You pushed your book away and put your head down on the table.
"Well, I guess I'm done to." Joe said closing his book too.
You both sat at your kitchen table, the white noise from the ceiling fan filled the silence of the room.

"I like you."

Opening your eyes in shock, you slowly sat up.
"I really do." He spoke once more.
You didn't look at him and closed your book.
"You should go home."
As you stood up, about to walk; Joe took hold of your wrist and pulled you into a forceful hug.
"Please tell me you like me to, I really like you!" Joe shouted.
"Let go!" You said pushing him away. He stumbled a little. After getting his balance, his face became determined and took your face in his hands and kissed you.
You pushed him again. And he tried to kiss you again.
"You asshole, get out of my house!"
You walked towards your door and opened it.
"Now!" You shouted. He was looking at you then turned towards the door in shock.

"Um... am I interrupting something?"
Tate stood at the entrance with his hand in the air, as though he was about to knock.

"Tate!"
You hugged him and then looked back at Joe. He was angry and ran out of the house. "Whatever..." Joe said under his breath.

Tate's p.o.v

I couldn't take it anymore. Seeing that little shit kiss (y/n), I had to do something. I went to the front door to act like I was just visiting. I was about to knock until the door was opened by (y/n).
"Now!" (Y/n) yelled.
It scared me, but at least s/he's holding their ground.
"Am I interrupting something?" I say with a hint of sarcasm.
"Tate!" (Y/n) exclaimed loudly. s/he hugged me loosely but I could tell s/he was desperate.
Joe looked at me with shock. What would he have done if I was never here, that creep.
With one last look at (y/n) he ran out. He doesn't deserve being (y/n)'s friend after forcing his feelings.

"What happened?"
I ask acting liking I don't know anything. s/he has this tired look in her/his eyes that says s/he does not want to talk about it.

"I don't feel like saying anything..."

S/he walks towards the living room and I close the door and follow behind. S/he stands there not facing me. I could gently hug (y/n) right now. That's what I want to do. I'm just indecisive about saying something or touching first.

"What's wrong? Is it because of him?"

s/he sighs and sits down on the sofa. s/he gently rubs her temple.

"What a pain...Why is it so hard keeping a friend without going over or out of boundaries. Why is it so hard to...ugh"
I stand there listening intently. s/he seems so distant. Almost as though I will never truly understand.
"You know what...He seemed like an asshole in the first place, don't stress over a guy like that. You're better than that... and I wouldn't want you spending your time with someone else other than...me."
I sit down beside (y/n), I gently touch her/his hair and take in its softness. Her/his eyelashes are perfect. s/he looks up at me and gently smiles.
"That's, the most clichéd line that's been ever said to me."

"What part?" I smile wrapping my arms around him/her.
In a mocking voice s/he quotes,
"I wouldn't want you spending your time with someone else other than.....me."
S/he smiles bigger and I can't stand how cute s/he is.
"Deep down I know you like it!"
I start tickling her/him making her/him laugh. These moments are special to me, if I could live in it forever I would. To forget.

Everything... and leave it behind like trash.