Chapter 3 - The Deed is Done

A/N - The picture on the side is Hayley and Chad

Hayleys POV

I was lying in bed with a very hungover Chad snoring and drooling on the pillow next to me. He was breathing in my face and I could still smell the booze on his rotten breath. He smelt like shit and I hated him so much, I know that what he does when he's drunk isn't entirely his fault... but I just can't, I can't love him anymore.

I slowly detached myself from Chads arm and I walked over to the bathroom. Upon reaching the sink I looked up into the mirror only to find, to my own dismay, A huge purple bruise breaking out onto the side of my face just below my eye. Oh My, how was I going to cover it up this time? Jeremy and Taylor both knew what had been happening... but I told them I could handle it, they didn't know it was this bad.

I walked back through to the bedroom and looked at Chad. He was still snoring and drooling on the pillow like the pig he always has been. My thoughts emerged back to last night. Shit, this was going to be all over the papers....

I walked over to the window and unfortunately I was right. There were at least a dozen reporters camping outside my house. I can't do this anymore, enough is enough.... I have to do this.

I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my Dweeb t-shirt and Black skinny jeans. I also picked up my converse on the way out of the room. I wasn't going to get changed in front of him.... I couldn't let him look at me like that anymore.

I slowly got dressed into the acquired items and walked back into the bedroom. To my horror Chad was awake and taking a paracetamol to cure his headache. It serves him right... He's such a bastard when he is drunk.

"Morning sweetcheeks" He said without looking at me.

"Don't call me that" I muttered without him hearing me.

He turned around after swallowing the pills to look at me. Immediately his expression changed from one of pure joy to one of shock and hurt. His eyes darted from my bruise to the sorrowful expression in my eyes.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" His expression changed from hurt to pure rage. He clearly didn't remember any of last night... but that was still no excuse for what he had put me through. The humiliation, The anger, The rage... The beating. If he really loved me he would care, he wouldn't do this.... drunk or sober.... He would respect me when I tell him not to drink.

"Chad..." I started.

"No Hayley, I love you... and I don't want you to make excuses for whoever did this.... Now Tell me" He said sternly whilst looking into my eyes.

I didn't answer his question, Instead I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a suitcase. Laying it on the floor I chucked some clothes and other stuff I needed into it. Zipping it up I realised that Chad had been sitting watching me the entire time. What was I going to tell him? I wasn't going to be nice to him this time.... I couldn't... I was going to say every last word to his face until it stuck in his fucked up little head.

I turned to face him only to see tears streaming down his face. I stood up and picked up my suitcase dropping it at the bedroom door. Chad came up behind me to give me a hug but I pushed him away.

"Hayley don't go... I don't know what I've done wrong... I only wanted to know who did this to you" He pleaded whilst more tears started to run down his cheeks.

I turned around to face him. Noting that he was extremely close I pushed him away. I saw the pain in his eyes and it broke my heart that he was hurting so much. He has caused me endless pain and although I couldn't love him anymore... I couldn't bestow that pain upon any other individual in this world, not even Chad. I walked to the front door with my suitcase in hand. Chad followed me the whole way down.

"I'm sorry Chad, I can't stay. I have to go and stay with Jeremy or Taylor for a while." I spoke before opening the door.

"Don't you love me anymore?" He asked.

"No Chad, I can't..." I spoke as the first tear fell from my cheek and hit the floor.

"Why don't you love me Hayley? I thought we were happy.." He said reaching for my hand. I immediately flicked it away and he started to cry a little bit more.

"You Chad... You slapped me last night.. whilst you were drunk. Not only did you slap me... but... but... I can't even say what you did to me but if you want to know please go and read the papers." I choked before walking out of the door.

I turned one last time, He didn't deserve everything that was happening right now... did he? So before I closed the door and walked away for the last time I spilled two words that he never deserved.

"I'm Sorry"