Chapter Seven

~Ashley~

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I reached my arm out, blindly searching. Damn, where the hell did I put it? I opened one eye and spotted it on the coffee table. Kevin and I decided to crash in the lounge last night after watching four movies in a row.

I put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Ashley, its Chad. I'm judging from the tone of your voice that I woke you up."

"No shit Sherlock. What is it? Kevin told me you're back. So how are you?" I said, a smile forming on my face.

"Yea, I don't know for how long though. It's about Tom."

"What about him? Kevin told me what went down between the two of them; did you hear it from Tom?"

"Uh yea. That's the reason I called. Can the two of us meet up some place? That is if you're not busy or anything."

I thought for a second. "No I'm free. Sure, when and what time."

"How about the coffee shop on Main? In about..." he paused for a while so I figured he was looking at the time. "a half an hour?"

"Yea sure. I'll just tell Kevin that I'm leaving and I'll meet you there." I was sure that if anyone could see me know they'd be able to see the flush in my cheeks.

"Great, can't wait. I mean, see you there." He said realising his slip up.

"Yea, bye." I said quickly and hung up.

I honestly felt like dancing around the house. I had to admit that I'd had a crush on Chad for a while now. I knew he can be a jerk sometimes but I guess I just liked the bad boy types. Oh my gosh, I only had thirty minutes. What would I wear? I need to take a shower. Yes, that's what I'd do.

Still grinning I walked over to Kevin to wake him up. "Hey Kev. Kev, wake up."

"Huh? Ash" he groaned. "Why are you waking me up so early? Nooo, I wanna sleep."

Aww he sounded like a cute little baby. "Kev wake up! I need to go somewhere for a while. I'll be back soon okay?"

"Yea yea, go. Have fun. Bye." He said waving his hand in the air. I don't think he was paying attention but he'd figure it out later.

I went upstairs and took a quick shower. I didn't want to take too long with choosing my clothes, so I just grabbed my favourite skinny jeans, a tight red tank top and my black wedge heels. I fixed my hair into a messy ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked good. I smiled at myself and made my way down stairs. I grabbed my bag and cell phone along with my keys off the counter and hurried out to my car.

Outside I was greeted with a lovely sunshine and the annoying neighbour's sprinklers. Ugh, I ran before my hair could get wet. I swore, ever since Kevin and I accidentally fell on her lawn and squashed her rose bush, she made our lives a living hell. She had to get over it sooner or later; that was almost three years ago.

I got in my car and drove off but not before checking if I still looked okay. Sometimes one person could ruin your entire day. But not today because I had an important meeting with an important person.

I got there within ten minutes. I found a parking spot and entered the shop. I spotted Chad almost immediately. I had to stop myself from staring at his devilishly good looks. I just wanted to run my hand through the blonde strands of hair. I mentally slapped myself. That wasn't why we were here. I walked over to him.

"Chad, hey. Sorry if I'm late. I had to escape the evil lady next door." I said smiling.

He chuckled. "No it's okay. I was just thinking anyway." he was smiling at me. I think i just blushed a little. "Could I get you a coffee?"

How sweet of him. He was just perfect. "Yes please."

He came back with my coffee not too long after. We each took a sip and caught up on things that had been happening in the last couple of months. We also talked about our plans after graduation; he wanted to go on to med-school. Chad was a year or two older than me and had already started college.

"So back to the task at hand. Last night Tom told me and it shocked me at first but I'm okay with it now." he said taking another sip of his coffee.

"Same thing happened with me. I just found out last night that Kevin's gay. I'm perfectly cool with that but the part that really surprised was when he told me he's in love with Tom."

"Yea, Tom mentioned that last night. He also said that the two of them kissed?" he questioned not knowing whether I knew it or not.

"I know. But he ran out immediately after doing so." I said matter-of-factly.

He nodded his head in agreement. "Yep. He told me that too. I basically called him an asshole for doing that."

My eyes widened. "You did? Wow. I'd have thought that you'd stick up for him."

"Any other time I would have, but not now. Tom also told me he was confused that's why he did what he did. He said he didn't know whether he likes Kevin or not and kissing him didn't feel disgusting."

My ears heard everything Chad said but my brain was having trouble taking it all in. "So, Tom might have feelings for Kevin?"

"If he wasn't so stupid he'd have noticed it by now. No matter what happens Tom will definitely try to let go of these feelings and it's up to us to make him change his mind."

I leaned in closer more intrigued by this. "Up to us? Carry on, I'm listening."

A sudden smile appeared on Chad's face and I knew this would land us into huge trouble but it would definitely pay off in the end.