Chapter 1: The Small Favor

'Listen i'm sorry..' He apologised, sounding very desperate through the phone.

"No Chris, We're done..-", You claimed as salty tears ran down your flushed cheeks.

'I-It just was a one-night stand! I swear it just happend once!'

"So it did happend! You fucking lied to me too. You know what?!", You yelled, tightening your grip over the phone. You face was burning hot of anger. You tried not to bash the phone to floor and stamp on it until it was completely broken just like your heart.

How dare he; cheat on you?! That dumb idiot. You did everything for him. Clean his small cheap apartment, Cook delicious meals for him, Give him money when he needed to and supported him while he gave you nothing back. How could you be so stupid to fall for a low man like him?

The doorbell rang.

You let out a heavy sigh. You had enough of this drama. There are other important things you needed to focus on other than this cheating bastard.

'[Name]-'

"Chris Stone." You said in a very decided tone. "You can go fuck yourself and rot in hell."

You quickly ended the call and roughly laid your phone over the kitchen counter. You held on the counter with a tight grip and took deep breaths.

The dorbell rang again and kept ringing as if the visitor seemed to be in a hurry.

Opening the door, not even bothering to look through the peek hole to see whoever is ringing your doorbell like you usually do.

His happy features quickly changed into a surprised and worried one when his eyes spotted your tears.

"Whoaaa!"

Recognising easily the voice.

A sad smile stretched on your dried lips.

It was Desmond Miles. A very close friend of yours. You met him at a bar he was working at as a bartender. You would often go there and brag about your problems while he listened to you and worked.

Nowadays, the two of you doesn't meet up a lot as you used to after he left his job and mysteriously vanished. But he did tell you about leaving and nothing else.

Five strange-looking men standing there along with Desmond, who are currently scanning your figure or either quietly examining the place. Most of them, who wears hoodies, looked emotionless and stoic, so it was almost impossible to read them. There was also a blond shoulder-leight haired man staring at you with concern same those with the guy that have a dark blue coat and the other with white and red coloured clothes.

"Hey, what happend to you?"

Desmond asked worriedly and wrapped his arm comfortingly around your shoulder as he followed you inside. The strange men followed silently and closely behind you and Desmond. One of them closed and lock the door behind them.

You sighed as he let you sit on of the chair of the dining table. While Desmond shoed the others away to give the two of you alone to talk.

"I finally did it Desmond.." You said with your eyes closed in relaxtion with a refreshed smile formed on your lips. He threw a questioning look at you. Before he could say a word.

"I broke up with Chris."

He broke into a grin. Knowing full well about your relationship.

"That's great! I'm proud of you." He said and gave you pat on the shoulder. His face turned serious and quietly sat beside you. "[Name].."

You hummed as a response.

"Would you do me this small favor?" He asked. You glanced at him with a small smile.

"What is it?"

"Could you take care of my buds for a while?" He said in a slight low voice. Your eyebrows raised, surprised. He rarely ask for favours but when he do, it's a serious business.

"Des, they are five grown-men. Not mention, but no offense they look very suspicious and weird. What if they do something?"

"I promise you that they don't bite. Please do me this favor."

He claimed, Grabbing your hands putting 100$ on the palm of your hands. You gave him a ridiculous look. Wasn't my villa and my expensive looking car was obvious for him to notice that I am rich? You even told him that earn tons of money. You feel somewhat insulted.

"I don't need your money." You said lowly.

"Trust me you'll need it."

Before you could bomb him with questions. His phone started vibrating inside his pocket. He quickly stod up from the seat and walked over to your window and answered the phone.

You didn't interupted his conversation over the phone, it's not like you wanted to. But Desmond looked very serious over the phone, he rarely do, he would have that friendly looking face and his tone was different compared to when he speaks to you. It looks like, on your point view, someone died or something seriously bad happend.

You cracked a nervous smile at him when he glanced over to your direction. The call ended sooner than you thought. Without a word, he headed quickly to the door. Is he leaving? Already?

"Desmond! Where are you going?"

Desmond walked past his friends as he answered your question.

"There somewhere else I needed to be."

Your eyebrows frowned in confusion. You were about to question him futher when one of his friends stepped in front of you, breaking your conversation.

"Desmond, for how long will we have to wait for your arrival?" A deep voice said with a native American accent.

"[Name] will inform you when. I'll be taking my leave."

He nodded to you and stepped out as you closed the door.

You noticed how quiet it was when he left.

To be truly honest, You feel a bit intimidated having these five strangers inside your villa. Not to mention, not knowing a thing about them. Damn Desmond for not having introduced you to them and also for not mentioning them before.