88. Michael Has A Daughter From A Previous Relationship

It was your fourth date with Michael and this time he was acting very nervous and scared and it worried you. When he wasn't looking you put a hand on top of his across the table. "Michael? You alright? You seem kind of out of it tonight." You laugh nervously and he tried to give you a reassuring smile but failed. "Did i do something?" you quickly ask to which his eyes widened and he shook his head.
"Oh no. You've done nothing wrong. It's just i'm scared that you're going to leave." "Why would i leave?" "I have something to tell you."
You looked down. "Are you seeing someone else?"
"No." He said immediately and took a deep breath. "Um, how are you with kids?"
That took your breath away. "Excuse me?"
He quickly laughed nervously realizing how bad that sounded. "Um, no i'm not asking you to have a kid with me right now, but i do need to tell you that i do have a child. From a previous relationship. Her mother left us right after she was born two years ago and i haven't heard from her since." He took a and when he realized you weren't saying anything back he squeezed your hand. "(YN)? I'm sorry, that's a lot to take in."
You squeezed his hand back. "It is, but it's alright. Do you want to tell me about your daughter?" He smiled and you could tell that his daughter meant the absolute world to him.
"Her name is Melody. She just turned 2 a week before we met. I'm sorry i haven't told you about her before."
"Don't worry about it." you reassure him. "I understand why you didn't tell me right away. If you had said something on the first date, i don't know if i'd still be here."
He nodded. "That's what i was afraid of."
"But i'm not going to leave, i like you and i'd love little Melody."
"You would?" he asked as if no one else had said they'd be willing to meet his daughter so quickly after first hearing about her exisistance.
"Absolutely. She sounds like a delight."
"She has her moments. When would you like to meet her?"
You thought about it for a moment. "You wanted me to stay the night with you tonight anyways. Why not meet her tonight and then tomorrow we can have a day out and get to know each other some more."
You two finished your meal and Michael stood up, putting your jacket back around you. "Let's go meet Melody."
The drive home, Michael shook. "My neighbor's watching her at the moment."
"Okay." you replied just as Michael pulled into his and helped you out of the car. You waited by the car as he scurried over to his neighbors and picked up little Melody. He left the house with a small figure covered in a blanket. When he reached you again, you saw the little girl fast asleep in his arms, but you could clearly see the resemblence. "She looks just like you."
"That's what i hear." He tells you and you reach your arms out. "Mind if i take her so you can unlock the door?" He handed her over and you smiled at the little child. "She's very precious. I think we'll get along just fine."
Michael laughed as he unlocked the door and turned around to see you still staring down at the little girl in your arms, the look on your face full of love and , snow falling around the two of you.
"(YN)?" he finally called, hating to break up the bonding moment but not wanting either of you to catch frostbite. "You two coming inside?"
You finally looked back up at him and smiled. "Yeah, we're coming."