Not Again

~Jessie's P.O.V~

I walked in silence towards Saber Academy, pondering my own wandering thoughts as the cool evening breeze whipped pieces of my raven-black hair across my face. After a couple minutes, though, I was pulled back into reality when a soft glow of light reached my vision. I looked up from the paved sidewalk I had been walking on to see Saber Academy radiating a warm and welcoming golden glow.

I could see clumps of people near the front of the huge building, probably here to either participate or watch the event that I'm about to perform in. "Am I..really doing this?" I nervously asked myself out loud as I continued to tread towards the building. A moment of Sting with his head down flashed in my head, reminding me of the reason I came here in his stead in the first place. I paused for a second, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. "You don't back down from your decisions, remember?" I told myself, trying to build up motivation. "Already here anyways, so..."

'I wouldn't be here still pathetically trying to not disappoint my parents.'

"...better give it my all!" I opened my eyes, newfound determination flowing through my veins as I marched towards Saber Academy.

~~

"Oh Mavis what the hell am I doing?" Well, the boost of confidence only lasted so long. I was now around the campus of the school, and there were people just everywhere. I kept bumping into couples, adults, parents, children, and even elders left and right. The whole situation was like my literal nightmare, as knowing that almost all these people would be watching the GMG made my heart beat so fast I swore it could just burst out of my chest.

'You're doing this for Sting, you're doing this for Sting,' I repeated in my head over and over as a fruitless attempt to calm me down. I was going to say it out loud, but with this much people and me not knowing who's contributing to the Stessie blog, it just spelled disaster to do so.

"How can anyone expect to even see where they're going??" I muttered to myself as I lifted my head to at least see which way I was going. I'm not short (in fact I'm actually right around average, leaning towards taller), but the sheer density of people around me made it hard for me to see where I was going.

"JESSIE!" But then, out of nowhere, I heard a familiar feminine voice call my name. I snap my head to the right, my eyes scanning the crowd for the source of the voice. Almost immediately, my eyes land on a mixture of yellow, blue, red, and brown hair color. Lucy and Levy had their hands high above their heads and were waving while Juvia and Erza just smiled and gave a short wave.

"Minna!" A broad smile curled onto my lips and I ran (well, as much as I could anyways) towards my friends.

All of my Fairy Tail gals tackled me into a tight hug, which knocked the wind out of me, but I laughed nonetheless. "What are you doing here??" Levy asked once everyone slowly pulled away from the embrace.

"You here to see your boyfriend~?" Lucy teased with a smirk on her lips. A light shade of pink dusted my cheeks as another flash of Sting, this time him sleeping adorably and peacefully, went through my head.

"N-no!" I responded, mentally cursing at myself for stammering.

"Where is Sting-san anyways?" Juvia inquired, looking around the auditorium. It had already been crowded, but looking at it now, the entire room was super packed now. I looked around, and could identify some of the school by the uniforms they were wearing; Lamia Scale students were wearing green coats with their mermaid-like symbol on their right shoulders, while Blue Pegasus students wore those snobby high-end suits or dresses they always boast about with their symbol on their breast pockets.