1

Kizumi's laughter rang in the air as my Mom told him the story about how I got stuck in the snow while skiing when I was younger. Of course, I felt a little embarrassed, but I laughed too. I had to admit that even though I felt silly, it did make a good story. If it made Kizumi laugh, I didn't mind it being told. I remember when seeing him smile used to be such a rare sight that when he did I would be taken aback sometimes...these days he smiled a lot more when he was here. It didn't surprise me as much anymore, but it always made my heart flutter when he did.

He and I had been together for a couple of months now. We were always together, whether it was here or at school, or even outside of either of those places. He came over to my house often to eat dinner with us, so I was able to walk him home many days of the week. I didn't mind it at all. I loved having Kizumi around, even if we were doing the same things every day. Homework, T.V., games, dinner...it was kind of a cycle now, but that was alright. It was fun.

Once in a while we would do something else like take a walk, or go to the park to hang out...but a lot of the time we just stayed home and enjoyed each other's company. It was kind of nice not having to be doing something 24/7 with one another. We could be in the same room and be perfectly fine with that. Kizumi's laughter had faded into a simple smile now as turned to me and asked,

"Didn't you know how to use the skis before you went out in them?"

"Well...no. I was just excited to put them on." I let out a soft laugh and Kizumi shook his head.

"Do you know how to use skis now?" He questioned.

"Uhh..." I started. They chuckled and teased me about not knowing how to ski, still. Eventually, the conversation faded out and we had finished our food. Kizumi stood and thanked my Mom for the food. I did the same and stood with him, clearing my dishes from the table.

"Are you heading home today?" She asked Kizumi as we rinsed our plates off.

"I think so." He told her as he turned around and set the dish in the dishwasher.

"Alright. Let me know when you two head out." She said to me. I nodded and then followed Kizumi upstairs to my room. When he opened the door, I sighed at the sight of my bedroom. Board games, movies, pillows, blankets...all of that stuff was sort of scattered across my room messily. I wasn't surprised though. Kizumi had stayed the night a few times in a row this week, so I never really had much time to clean it.

I watched as Kizumi gathered his things, stuffing them into the bag he brought. While he did that, I sat on the bed, waiting. It didn't take him too long, considering the fact that he only brought a couple sets of clothes and kept his stuff in it's own spot. Smart of him...he wouldn't have to sift through the entire room looking for things. He zipped his bag up, and then threw the strap over his shoulder, standing up. He looked over at me and I said,

"Are you sure you want to go home?" I knew there was at least a little disappointment on my face, despite my efforts to keep it straight. He nodded and opened the door, nodding for me to follow. I held back a sigh as I slid off the bed and trotted downstairs with him. We pulled on our shoes and I called out to my Mom that we were leaving. She told us to be careful, and we both said we would, then stepped outside.

It was chilly out since it was the end of the year, but I had a jacket on. Kizumi and I started walking down the sidewalk like usual. It was quiet between us, which also wasn't uncommon. I was used to him not really having much to say. A lot of the time, I was the one who was starting the conversations. When we first met, I figured that he was only brief with me because he didn't like me...but he was just like this in general. It was his personality. Not to say that he never talked. He certainly had opened up a lot more over the past few months.

I shivered and went to put my hands in my front pocket, but I only got one hand in. Kizumi had taken my other hand in his own and was holding it now. A little smile played on my lips as our fingers locked together. Though he wasn't the most touchy person in the world, and didn't usually cuddle with me or anything...he did little things. Things like this, or when we were going to sleep he'd put his arm over me and pull me closer to him.

I liked that. He wasn't all over me like couples at school were. He was kind of quiet about how he showed his affection. Once in a while, though, he would randomly kiss me and things would get kind of heated...but I liked it when that happened too. We couldn't go the entire time being all sweet and sugary innocent, right? I could feel that my cheeks were a little warm and tried my best to push those thoughts from my mind. We reached Kizumi's house sooner than I wanted, and I felt a little disappointed as his hand pulled from mine. He turned and faced me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said to me. I gave him a smile.

"Alright." I replied and watched until the door closed behind him.