A Great Accident: Part 1

Yes, the sharpie on their noses were now slightly rubbed off as they lay next to each other, panting to catch their breaths after a quick one. It was only their first, and sure they had only just met in person for the first time, only talking online beforehand.

"That was... Amazing!" Dan smiles and looks to his (officially) boyfriend, Phil.

"Why do you think people call me AmazingPhil?" Phil laughs and leans in to give Dan a quick peck on the lips.

"Did you just?" Dan asks with fake appall.

"I did just." Dan playfully shoves Phil then rolls out of Phil's bed.

"Where are you going?" Phil pouts. "Come back to the warm bed."

"I would." Dan replies as he slips on his shirt. "But we still have some questions for you to answer."

Phil groans but gets out of the bed and dresses himself too.

~~~~ LJNOTSOCOOL ~~~~

Dan moans as he stands and flushes the toilet and watches the contents of his breakfast swirl down the bowl. Dan is hardly the person to get sick this bad but this is the third time this week he felt like this. He has been trying to hide it from his parents, brushing it off as a stomach bug, so they wouldn't worry. Dan is sure this gut-twisting feeling would pass soon.

Dan brushes his teeth to get the puke smell off his breath then left the restroom. He found his little brother, Adrian, waiting for him outside the bathroom, a smug smile prominent on his face.

"Hey, Daniel." He uses Dan's full name. "How're you feeling?"

Dan swallows harshly. Adrian has noticed. "I'm good. Yeah?"

"Dan, my room is next to the bathroom." Adrian says matter-of-factly. "I can hear you being sick every morning.

Shit!

"I... Uhm..." Dan stammers.

"And I know mum and dad don't know."

Dan squeezes his eyes shut. "Adrian, please don't tell them." He pleads. "This is all gonna pass soon enough."

Adrian squints his eyes at Dan, still skeptical, but he agrees to his brother's secrecy.

It turns out, however, that Dan was wrong. He spent two more weeks over the toilet, throwing up everything in his stomach. Everyday he remained hopeful that this was the last day of this, and everyday Adrian kept his word, but both boys knew this wasn't going to last long. Their parents were going to find out, and when they hear how long Dan has been feeling like this they would send him to the hospital for sure. Dan hated hospitals.

"I'm telling mum." Adrian threatens Dan after Dan exits the bathroom.

"No! Please don't tell mum!" Tears are brimming Dan's eyes.

"Tell me what?" Their mother, Diane asks, walking up the steps with a folded basket of laundry.

"Nothing!"

"Dan keeps throwing up!"

They say at the exact same time. Diane furrows her brows and looked between the two boys. "Well, which one is it?"

Dan takes a step forward, head down low, and tears now falling down his face. "I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner. I thought it was going to go away but I've been feeling sick the past three weeks."

Diane drops the basket and walks over to Dan, wrapping him into a hug she says. "It's okay, we'll get through this. Thank you finally telling me, sweetheart, but now we have to do something about this. This could be very serious. I'll call and schedule an appointment."

"I don't want to go to the hospital." Dan sobs.

"I know you don't like going but you could be seriously ill."

They separate and Dan nods, head still hung low.

Diane picks the basket back up and continues her walk to her room.

Dan decides to go to his room. Whenever something is bugging him there is one way he lets it out. He vents about it in a video.

He sets up his laptop and takes a seat on the floor "Hey everybody." He says to the laptop camera. "I just wanted to make a video because something has been troubling me lately." Dan swallows. "I'm not going to get into the situation because I don't want you to worry. Everything is being resolved now.

"Have you ever been in a situation where you were afraid to tell anyone? A situation you hoped that would eventually go away? That was literally me! I'm just making this video to tell to please don't be afraid to tell anyone if something is troubling you. Say something, because it may help you!

"I'm still scared but that's okay. There's nothing wrong with being scared once in awhile. But I know that this might help me.

"That's all I have for right now. I just wanted to let that out." Dan makes hearts with his hands. "I love you all so much! Bye..." He turns off the camera.

After editing the video to the best of his abilities he posts it on his YouTube channel.

Not long after it went public Phil texts him.

From: Phil <3
1:23pm

What's wrong, Bear? I just watched your video

Dan taps the sides of his phone before deciding what to send to Phil.

To: Phil <3
1:27pm

I don't know. Sorry I haven't told you sooner but I've been feeling kind of sick the past couple weeks. My mum just found out. She's going to call the hospital to hopefully schedule an appointment

From: Phil
1:28pm

I hope you get better ^_^ 

From: Phil <3
1:30pm

Tell me when you find something out, yeah?

To: Phil <3
1:31pm

Ok 

Dan is lucky to have a boyfriend like Phil. He makes Dan feel so much better. Dan just hops that whatever is wrong may be wrong, Phil will be there for him.