Chapter 14

I was in what appeared to be a hospital room. It had all white walls and a small window off to one side. Outside, I could see a small walkway next to some grass with a few people walking on it. I was lying down on one of those hospital beds and, other than a bunch of medical stuff and a small chair with a side table, the room was pretty much empty. I could hear birds chirping outside the window and a few cars every now and then. It was very peaceful, really. I smiled just as a nurse entered the room.

"Oh, good, you're awake," she said, smiling.

I smiled back, "What happened?" I asked.

Since this was a dream, the nurse didn't seem all that concerned by the fact that I had no idea what was going on, "You went into early labour so we thought we should keep you here overnight, just to be safe," she said, still smiling, "Your husband was very worried about you."

I smiled, that's sweet of him.

The nurse continued, "He's here if you'd like to see him. Your baby too."

I nodded yes and the nurse opened the door.

I looked up and saw--

My eyes shot open. What the hell? I shook my head and checked my phone. It was already 2:00?! Well, this day just kept getting better and better. I got up, not bothering to change out of my pjs, and went downstairs.

"Well, look who decided to finally get up," Louis said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes.

Just then, Candi walked in, "Oh, hi Mandi," she said, "Can't you just, like, not wait for dinner tonight?"

I forced a smile, "Definitely."

"I haven't even decided what to wear yet! I'm think either this one dress I have with...." Candi continued with her little speech of what to wear, but I really couldn't care less. I didn't even want to go to this. If it wasn't for Elizabeth, I wouldn't even be in this situation. She was in so much bullshit after this.

"So what do you think?" Candi asked. When I just stared blankly she added, "The pink one or the black one?"

I smiled, "I'm sure you'll look slutty in both of them."

Candi glared at me, "You know, maybe if you were less of a bitch people would like you more," she said.

I smirked, "And maybe if you were less of an annoying twat people would like you more."

Candi made a "hmf" sound and stalked away.

Louis looked at me, "Wow, you really don't like her, do you?"

"Oh, did I say that out loud?" I said innocently.

Louis rolled his eyes, "Well, either way I hope you have fun on your 'date'," and he left.

I say at the table eating breakfast/lunch while texting Nick.

'do we really have 2 go 2 this thing?'

he asked.

'yes it's already booked'

I replied.

'damn'

'my thoughts exactly'

I finished eating and realized I had nothing to do for the next four hours.... to the Internet!

I checked my twitter account and, as usual, there were several new notifications. I scanned through them (mostly hate) and eventually decided to check on Candi. I wasn't a stalker or anything, but I realized I had absolutely no idea on how things were going with her and Zayn and her twitter seemed like a good place to start.